Leave rules 1981 are still applicable and there are amendments and explanations time to time. Leave rules for all the civil Govt Employees of Federal as well as Provincial Govt Employees has been fully described here. The detail of Leaves on full pay, leave on half pay, medical leave, special leave for female staff, maternity leave, disability leave, leave without pay is as under:
The leaves on full pay can be availed at one time at the following conditions:
a- 120 days leave without medical certificate
b- 180 days leave with medical certificate
c- 365 days leave in full service on medical grounds
Note: All these leaves will be deducted from the leave credit of the employee.
If an employee needs more leaves than leaves in his credit, then there is option for an employee to convert some of his leaves on full pay into leaves on half pay or entire full pay leaves into half pay leave. The example of this condition is that suppose an employee needs 50 days leave and he/she has only 25 leaves on full pay in his leave credit, then he can convert 25 days full pay leave into 50 days leave on half pay.
An employee can avail leave without pay for a maximum period of 5 years at a time on any reason but the condition is that the civil servant must have rendered a minimum continuous service of 10 years.
If the civil servant has not completed continuous 10 years service then the employee can avail 2 years leave without pay at the discretion of the head of the department.
A civil servant can avail 5 years leave without pay more than once after a spell of 10 years each time.
A female civil servant is entitled to avail 135 days leave on her husband’s death. Such leave will not be debited from her leave credit. In this condition the female servant will provide death certificate of her husband and the leave will start from the date of death of her husband.
(1) Maternity leave may be granted on full pay, outside the leave account, to a female civil servant to the extent of ninety days in all from the date of its commencement (as specified in the application for leave) or forty-five days from the date of her confinement, whichever be earlier.
(2) Such leave may not be granted for more than three times in the entire service of a female civil servant except in the case of a female civil servant employed in a vacation department who may be granted maternity leave without this restriction.
(3) For confinements beyond the third one, the female civil servant (in a non-Vacation Department) would have to take leave from her normal leave account.
(4) The spells of maternity leave availed of prior to the coming into force of these rules shall be deemed to have been taken under these rules.
(5) Maternity leave may be granted in continua¬tion of, or in combination with, any other kind of leave including extraordinary leave as may be due and admissible to a female civil servant.
(6) Leave salary to be paid during maternity leave shall be regulated as for other leave, in accordance with the existing instructions of the Government.
(7) The leave salary to be paid during maternity leave will, therefore, remain unaffected even if an increment accrues during such leave and the effect of such an increment will be given after the expiry of maternity leave, in the event of resumption of duty by such female civil servant."
An employee disabled by injury, ailment or disease can get leave on disability grounds for a maximum period of 720 days. The condition is that this disability be a hindrance to serve his/her duty. Such an employee will get full pay for 180 days and half pay for the remaining period.
Study leave is granted for a maximum 2 years on half pay in the entire service to the civil Govt servant who has 5 years service. This leave is granted to study scientific technical problems.
Leave without pay can be combined with study leave but the condition of 2 years will not now apply in this case.
This leave is granted on full pay to the civil servant who applies for proceeding abroad during leave or at the time of posted abroad.
Such an employee will be paid for the actual period that he spends abroad for a maximum period of 120 days.
Ex-Pakistan leave can be granted on full pay, half pay or without pay which ever is applicable.
Government of the Punjab, Services and General Administration Department has issued Notification on 17-08-2018 in connection with Punjab Govt Notification…
Government of Pakistan, Cabinet Secretariat Establishment Division has issued Notification on 09-08-2018 in connection with Confirmation Civil Servants. Detail is…
Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority has issued Notification on 12-02-2018 in connection with Clarification of Grant of Increase Pension…
Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Interior has issued Notification on 15-08-2018 in connection with Notification Eidu-ul-Azha Holidays 2018 by Federal…
Government of the Punjab, Finance Department has issued Notification on 09-08-2018 in connection with Revision Fixed Daily Allowance 2018 Punjab…
Government of the Punjab Finance Department has issued Notification on 02-08-2018 in connection with Clarification Admissibility Adhoc Relief Allowance 2016…