Notification Grant of Premature Increment on Promotion within the Same Scale

Finance Division Regulation Wing Islamabad has issued Notification regarding Grant of Premature Increment on Promotion within the same scale vide No. F.11 (30) R-2/2010-1180 dated 5th November 2012. Vide Finance Division Regulation Wing OM No. F.2 (8)R-I(1)/80 dated 17-11-1991 it was inter-alia, decided to allow next stage equal to one increment on fixation of pay in the case where a Govt servant already drawing pay in a pay scale by virtue of selection grade or otherwise holding a lower post in the pay scale is promoted to a higher post falling in the same scale.

The above said benefit was withdrawn abinitio by the Auditor General Pakistan on 26-08-1996.

Now it has been decided that to allow one premature increment in the pay scale of higher post in fixation of Pay on promotion within the same scales.

Premature Same Scale

Premature Increment Same

Related Articles

87 Responses to “Notification Grant of Premature Increment on Promotion within the Same Scale”

1. Ahmad Ali Sabir says:

In continuation of my above comment it is stated that O.M. dated 5.11.2012 is not being entertained by my department and Wafaqi Moktasib as well.

2. Ahmad Ali Sabir says:

Dear Madam, I read all the documents related to same scale promotion and thereon grant of next stage and than premature increment.My case is in Wafaqi Mohtasib, Lahore as my department says that pay fixation benefit during fixation of pay on grant of selection grade from B-15 to B-16 in 1996 was given to me hence in same scale promotion can not be given. I have been submitted some precedents of the employees in same case to whom AGPR, Lahore and Karachi have allowed two increments in same scale promotion. But, even than my case is hanging in Wafaqi Mohtasib office Lahore. Have you any clear cut orders which will help me in my case. Mohtasib office has sought clarification from AGPR, Lahore in this regards. Hearing of case is 20.8.2014

• Dear Ahmad, it is clear cut proof of the same that prior to this Notification only one increment (next above) was granted to the employees and no premature increment was granted on promotion within the same scale. After issuance of this Notification now all departments are granting the same premature increment. Just get the copies of fixations of these kind of fixation and show the court or the department. Thanks

3. Manthar Mahar says:

A.O.A Madam I was appointed as a Stenographer in BPS-12 in the 1985 for which I was allowed Selection Grade BPS-15 in the year 1993 their after I have been allowed Moveover from BPS-15 to BPS-16 in the year 1997 thereafter 2001 my scale reversed to BPS-15 being a senior scale of Stenographer thereafter the Finance Department Government of Sindh Notification No.FD(SR-IV)2-65/2012 dated 21.03.2013 where in the Stenographer working in Senior scale BPS-15 have upgraded to BPS-16 but my department is not allowing me BPS-16 on the that the Stenographers working in Selection Grade BPS-15 though the Finance Department has clarified that the Stenographer Selection Grade BPS-15 are entitle for BPS-16 in view of above Notification my request is that such clarification Notification in respect of those Stenographers working in Selection Grade BPS-15 shall be entitle for BPS-16 such clarification Notification may kindly bbe sent to me so that my problem may be resolve.

• Dear Manthar Mahar, I have not seen any Notification for the Selection Grade Stenoes for Sindh, As soon as i get the saem i ll share here. However it is your right for the upgradation.

4. Anwar Kamal says:

i was appointed as udc BS-07 in 2005 on contract then i have been upgraded from Grade BS-7 to BS-09 on 1st July 2007 and my service was regularized on 1st July 2008 kindly guide me. Mam, and as per rules of pre-mature increment, employees would get increment if they regularized 1st July 2008 before June-2008.
    kindly informed me can I get the same or not??

anwar kamal

5. muhammad azam bhatti says:

a.a. mem main grade 16 say 16 permote hoa tha. ap ki site per main nay same grade main pay fixation ka tariqa para tha lakin us main koi auth waghra nahi thi keh yeh kis kay orders hain. please mujhay us letter ki copy send kar dean. allah ap ko ajer dey.

• Dear Muhammad Azam, it is simple on promotion u get next above as well as premature increment. In case of same scale promotion, next above is next increment and in the same way 1 premature increment will also be applicable. Before this Notification only next above was granted to the employee who was promoted in the same scale. Thanks

6. zohaib says:

A.O.A Madam main Dec-2008 main as ASSA BPS-5 apoint hua that, abhi mere 5 year purey hone wale hy jab k maine DPE or Promotion training bhi karli hy & abhi main seniority list main 1st no pe hun, kya aap bata sakti hy k mera promotion kitne year main hoga? wapda rule main promotion kitne time hota hy? 5 year ya 7 year?

7. Allah Ditta says:

Salam Madam.

Mere promotion 24-05-1988 LDC (BPS-07) to UDC (BPS-07) same scale mai hue ha. Ye jo office memorandum 5-11-2012 ko hua hai, is k teht mujhai pre-mature increment milai ge?

8. aqeel ur rehman says:

madm salam, plz btien premature increament notification punjab govt kub issue kry gi thanks aur kia main is ky ly illigible houn ya nahin main stenographer bps 12 sy 14 main hoa houn

• Dear Aqeel abhi koi final nahin hua keh kab notification issue ho ga. Agar Premature Increment ka notification jaari ho jata hay to Insha Allah aap ko bhi yeh increment milay gi.

9. ARSALAN says:

salam ms shumaila i applied for premature increment in the light of finance division notification islamabad through sindh government but could not get as they said the notification is not applicable to the employees of sindh government . what should i do right now as my post was upgrded from BS16 to BS17 in March 2011

10. Zafar says:

Dear what is latest about 20% pay increase for federal Govt employees about whom I.H.C. decided to b given all servants equally?

11. Syed Muhammad Hassan Raza Naqvi says:

aoa ma 26 Dec 2009 sa as LDC govt servent hn. 2005 ma LDC kay scale ko upgrade kyea gyea jo 5 sa 7 ho gyea ha. kia ma is increment k lyea eligible hn.

12. riaz qureshi says:

dear sister. i want to know about that i was appointed in 2006 as a pst in scale 7 after that in 2009 promoted to scale 9 and 2013 now i promoted to 12 which is now initiale for psts can i ilegible for this premature increments i am waiting for ur kind response thanks

• Dear Riaz according to the notification, promotion within the same scale is compulsory for the same increment as you were not promoted within the same scale therefore you are eligible only the next above and premature increment. IN case of promotion within the same scale 2 increments are granted. 1x next above and 1 x premature.

13. Irfan says:

Dear Mam Shumaila,

I don't understand about the philosophy of pre-mature increment, kindly guide me.
    Mam, I have been upgraded from Grade 12-15 in October-2010, and as per rules of pre-mature increment, employees would get increment if they promoted before June-2013.
    kindly informed me can I get the same or not??

14. Farhat says:

Is there any time bar/limit on submitting the option for refixation/deferment of pay as on 1st December of relevant year on account of promotion or up gradation to higher scale

15. Saad Khilji says:

I am upgraded from BPS 17 to 18 in PESCO/ WAPDA as Addl: Dy Manager Commercial from Revenue Officer. i want to clarify myself weather I am eligible for the said increment as i have heard that the said increment is on upgradtion of posts, as my post of revenue officer is still exisit and i got upgraded from RO to Addl: DCM.

16. Muhammad Bakhash says:

dear sir
    I have been promoted to the post of Head Master BPS-17 from H.S.T.BPS-16 time scale bps-19.the time scale benefits at the time of joining to the post of H.M.BPS-17 has been recovered. The pay that only has been protected as per pay protection rules of finance department govt. of Sindh, where as I am taking 43800 pay where in 40000.oo is pay and 3800 are pp. to maximum scale. Any how I have not been allowed premature increment because I was having the same pay before promotion. May I know whether I am entitled for it as I have been promoted to the gazette post from non gazette.

17. Abdul Rahim says:

A.O.A. Madam I want to understand the status of SELECTION GRADE. Secondly informing you that recently the stenographers of District Judiciary Sindh holding BPS-12 have been up-graded to BPS-15 vide notification dated 11-4-2013, question is that what is benefit through such notification for the stenographers who were already in Selection Grade BPS-15 and what would be their status stand now. Moreover there is another notification of Sindh finance deptt. by which stenos-12 have been upgraded to 14 and stenos of 15 have been upgraded to BPS16 under notification dated 21-3-2013, the question is that whether the stenos of District Judiciary holding Selection grade 15 are entitled their up-gradation in BPS-16 .

18. Tariq Siddiqui says:

AOA. Janab ShumailaKamal, Assalam Alaicum.

My above mentioned question regarding premature increment at peack was similar to m.tariq to whom you discussed many times about his questions.

My similar problem is still unsolved.

Question NO.1, is that without NOTIFICATION accounts office is not granting increment yet? would you please search it for me.
    Question No.2. Whether after your suggestions to M.TARIQ, he has been granted his increment from AGPR or not yet.?
    Pls answer my question at your earliest and oblige.
    thanks Tariq Siddiqui.

19. Tariq Siddiqui says:

Question:- AOA my question is similar to m.tariq mentioned above that ifsomeone is at the max of scale at the time of promotion in the same scale,will he get pre mature increment even then.??
    I have reached on max pay scale and I already receiving 4 (increment) personal pay in my salary.
    After I got promotion in the same scale.
    Now question is that may I be allowed pre mature increment even then.?? Bt AGPR SUB OFFICE (CASE UNDER PROCESS WITH THEM) are not allowing to allow the same.
    I need your answer for solving my problem with a copy of notification issued regarding the same issue. Thanks for your cooperation AT YOUR EARLIEST as my case is UNDERPROCESS now a days in AGPR SUB OFFICE KARACHI.
    TARIQ SIDDIQUI
    abutariqsiddiqui@yahoo.com

20. muhammad javed says:

Kpk civil servant amendment act 2013,applicable on the services of elementry teacher working in the working folks grammar school,under the secretary worker welfare board kpk peshawar.(labour department govt. Of kpk)

21. Akhtar Ali Jajja says:

I was promoted in the same scale bs-12, and granted me only one increment, now i can claim my premature increment with back benefit from June,2008 to April,2013

Tanks.

22. Khizar Hayat says:

I retired on 14-07-2002, at retired 1X usual increment for pension benefits were not given me . Whether i can claim now.

23. muhammadr says:

Is 20% Audit Allowance admissible to the officers of Pakistan Audit Department working on deputation in any Punjab Govt. Department.

• ijaz hussain Audit officer, board of technical educationkhyber pakhtun khwa says:

I am serving in Accountant general office as senior auditor but i am on deputation in technical education board k.p.k Am i entitled 20% Audit allowance ?

24. ateeq says:

dear shumail akmal, i was appointed on contract basis in bps-17 in federal govt. my service remained continue, with out any break on the same post and designation till September 1999., where my service were regularized after test and interview on the same post and designation. my pay was fixed at the initial of bps-17, with out pay protection. as a general rule, some thing given by the govt the employees can not be with drawn. Now at present, the punjab, sindh, kpk and baluchistan govt protect the increments earned by the contract employee in the shape of personal pay. What is your opinion, can we knock the door of the administration for justice by giving the above mentioned govt precedents.
    could you please send me any notification of federal govt by regularizing contract employees with protecting their earned increments in the form of personal pay. thanks

25. Muhammad Shahzad Anwer says:

Dear Madam please tell some thing about the stenographers of district judiciary already having BPS-16

26. Hasnain Khan says:

May BPS 14 Say BPS 17 Ko promote Howa ho, 01/01/2013 ko BPS 17 may Arrival de, 31/12/2012 Ko meri BP 12270 thi Kia ab BPS 17 may mujay koi increment milay ga ya pehla increment 1/12/13 ko hasil hoga

27. Shafiq-ur-Rehman says:

AOA
    Kia july 2012 main honewala 20 % adhoc relief December 2012 ke annual increment per mile ga ya naheen.

28. ishtiaq ahmed says:

widow of deceasd servant can get house rent for 5 years

29. ishtiaq ahmed says:

now widow of deseased federal govt employee can get house rent,house subsidy for 5 years

30. Shafiq-ur-Rehman says:

AOA
    Before 25.08.2003 I was working as Junior Stenographer. After that through an advertisement in the same department I was selected as Senior Stenographer. During the fixation of my pay no premature increment was granted to me because my department say that you are selected as Senior Stenographer not promoted. Premature increment will be given to those who are promoted. So explain me regarding premature increment. Kia meri increment banti hay ya nahin.

• Dear same department point is in ur favour. You apply for counting of previous service and pay protection. After all is done then you apply for premature increment. As premature increment is also granted on re-appointment.

31. Muhammad Ashraf says:

Dear
    pl clarify that is i am eligible for premature increment?

1997 4845 BPS-15
    1998 4899 BPS-16 move over
    01-02-1999 5292 BPS-16 selection (5096 next stage + one premature increwment
    (according to notification subjected premature increment on promotion within the same scale will i eligible for premature increment?

thanks

Muhammad Ashraf
    0519259122

32. mumtaz says:

AOA,plz explain the term "promotion with in the same scale".Are the promoted of time scale benificiary of premature incremen? As I was promoted as lecturer BS-17 to lecturer BS-18 through time scale promotion under Federal Directorate of Education,Islamabad,therefore, my basic pay has been decreased Rs.200/-after promotion through time scale in BS-17.Am I eligible for premature increment,whereas AGPR is not granting premature increment,waiting for your expert opinion,plz

• Promotion within the same scale means when an employee promotes in the same scale. His/her basic pay scale remains the same but designation changes.
      eg. TGT (SG) is in BPS-17 and when he promotes he becomes AHM and his scale remains the same ie 17.

33. m.tariq says:

AOA.you promise to inform about grant of pre mature incremnt after discussion with ur frnd in case one is at max of scale in the year of promotion.

• i already replied u. see the replies. premature incremnent is granted to all employees wether they reach the peak. on pp premature increment always granted. for further details go to ur accounts office and meet some other person instead of the person u earlier met. it is best u take some person whome some one in accounts office knows

34. m.tariq says:

AOA>weather pre mature increment is allowed onthe upgradation ofpost from bs-17 tobs-18???

35. Zahid Qureshi KOTLI AK says:

Good

36. m.tariq says:

AOA my qestion is that if one is at the max of scale at the time of promotion in the same scale,will he get pre mature increment even then.??

37. sher nawab khan says:

me kpk me higher education dptment me as lecturer 5 oct 2006 ko 6 months contrat pe bherte howa ta. 4 contact renewl, ak den k gape k sat ta hota raha. april 2008 se 30.6.2009 tak ka contrat (15 months) ka contrat dea gya. 1 jan 2009 se kpk assembly act k zarea parmanat howa. estblshmet dptment ni pechla permanat ordercancal karwa ker 24 sep 2009 se parmnant ka coregndum order jare kea. 2008,aor 2009 ka increamets muje mele henaksar og kehti hen k ie ghalt hen aor ak na ak den yakmosht katote ho ge.es ka koi hal bataen plz

• Contract walay employee ko increment milti hay. Lekan agar wo permanenet ho jai to us ki nai pay shuroo ho jati hay. Haan agar Govt Contract period ko regular kar day to pichli pay fix ho jati hai yaani fixation ho jati hay.

38. ANWAR HUSSAIN says:

AOA. AP SA INFORMATION LENI HA LDCs KI SENIORITY LIST MUJY RECEIVE HOWE HA JS MA 45 LDCs 2010 KI APPOINTMENT SUB KI JOINING 15-01-2010 APPOINTMENT LETTER PA MERA NAM 1ST NO PA AUR JO SENIORITY LIST BNI HA AN 45 MA MERA NAM 43 NO AA RHA. KYA SENIORITY DATE OF BIRTH DEKH KI BANAI JATI HA. RULR MA KYA HA.

THANKS

• Seniority list according to mine knowledge is according to the date of joining and then the date of birth. If two employees have the same date of joining then the employee whose date of birth is greater will be senior.

39. farukh memon says:

mjhe premature increment smjh nh ayee can anyone tell me about it ?

• pre mature increment us ko is case main milay gi jo same scale main promote ho jai. Maslan kuch departments main designation to change ho jati hay promotion per lekan scale same rehta hay. us sorat main yeh premature increment milti hay

40. farukh memon says:

helo my name is Farukh Memon, im 16 grde permanant employee of zakat and ushr dept, i have previous 5 years of experience in agriculture dept on contract basis, can i get increments of exp in agrculture job added into my new job

41. Imran Ghani says:

Aoa.it's vry appreciating step by the Govt.Now it's time to w8 .............. For receiving salRy with this addition

42. ARSALAN HASSAN says:

m arsalan medical tech B-17 if any wana know athenticaly then please mention about this notification whether it is implemented imidiately with the date of circulation or implemented with back date please clarify it as it is v.important not only for me but many of other personals like me.