The Deputation Policy of the Government of Punjab and Ancillary Instructions

Deputation Policy of Government of the Punjab and ancillary instructions given from time to time by the Government of the Punjab has been combined here. This document is the complete historical view of the deputation policy. The appointment on deputation in Punjab is governed by this deputation policy so it is the key document. Notification No. FD.SR.II/6-13/97 dated 13th August 1998 was issued by the Govt of the Punjab in connection with the Deputation policy of the Government of the Punjab.

In suppression of all previous policy instructions on the subject, the following standard terms and conditions shall be made applicable in case of officers/officials working on deputation against the post under Autonomous Bodies of the Punjab irrespective of the fact whether the deputation is a Federal or a Provincial Government’s employee:


Pay and allowances as admissible in his parent department from time to time under the Government rules.


Deputation Policy Punjab




Deputation Allowance @20% of the Basic pay of deputation


He is entitled to House Rent Allowance as admissible under the Punjab Government Rules provided he is not already residing in a Government owned ccommodation. If accommodation is provided, it will be subject to normal deduction of 5% of his pay. Provided, if a Government servant, while on deputation with an Autonomous Body, continues to retain Government owned

accommodation, the Autonomous Body concerned shall be liable to pay House Rent to the Government on behalf of the deputationist @ 45% or 30% (whichever is applicable) of the minimum of the pay scale of the deputationist in his parent Department. Compendium 2008 Deputation Policy 1057


(i) T.A./D.A. during incumbency of deputation As admissible in accordance with the T.A. Rules of the Borrowing Organization, provided these are not inferior to Government rules.

(ii) T.A./D.A. on transfer to and back to the parent department shall be paid on the Borrowing Organization.

5. Joining Time Vide Deputation policy

He will be entitled to joining time on his transfer from the Borrowing Organization, and salary for the joining time will be paid by such Organization.


A civil servant on deputation who is due to retire from Government service either on completion of 26 years qualifying service or attaining the age of superannuation may draw the encashment of L.P.R. from the Borrowing Organization, if he continues to work during the entire period of his L.P.R./last year of his service, without repatriation of his services.


The leave account of the Government servant during the period of deputation shall remain closed. No leave salary contribution shall be reserved from the Borrowing Organization and the deputationist will be granted leave and paid leave salary by such Organization. The period of service with the Borrowing Organization shall not count towards earning leave under the Government. However, in case a deputationist applied for leave to the Competent Authority in the Borrowing Organization and the leave was refused, the borrowing authority is bound to pay him the encashment of leave/remaining portion of leave earned by the deputationist during the period of his deputation. Compendium 2008 Deputation Policy 1058


The Borrowing Organization shall also be liable for leave salary in respect of disability leave granted to the civil servant on account of disability occurred in and through deputation service even though if such disability manifest itself after the termination of service. The leave salary charges, for such leave shall be recovered by the civil servants direct from the Borrowing Organization.


The Borrowing Organization shall be required to pay pension contribution at the rate of 33-1/3% of the mean of minimum and maximum of the pay scale of the officer plus other emoluments reckonable for pension (subject to verification of audit) to the Government during the deputation period.


He will be provided medical facilities in accordance with the rules of the Borrowing Organization provided such facilities are not inferior to those admissible to him under the Government/parent department.


He will continue to subscribe to G.P. Fund and such other funds as he was subscribing to before deputation at the rates under the relevant rules of the Government.


*As per policy of the Borrowing Organization. Substituted vide letter No. SOR.II-6-13/97 dated 10th April ,2002. Compendium 2008 Deputation Policy 1059


The deputationist will be provided conveyance/transport as admissible to Government officers of his status/grade under the rule.


He will be governed by the provisions of relevant E&D/Conduct Rules, applicable to the service/cadre to which he belongs.


The civil servant on deputation will continue to be under the rules making control of the lending Government, in matters of pay, leave pension, G.P. Fund etc. The lending Government accordingly will have a right to determine, in consultation with borrowing organization, the terms which shall not be varied by the borrowing organization, without consulting the lending Government.


*The deputationist shall be entitled to any fringe benefit, attached to the post other than those specifically mentioned above.


The period of deputation shall not exceed three years. However, Government reserves the right to withdraw/transfer the deputationist at any time without assigning any reason. In case the deputationist, retires while on deputation the period of deputation shall stand expired on the date of his retirement.

2. The above terms and conditions will be made applicable by all the Administrative Departments to its employees and there is no need to refer their cases to the Finance Department for approval. However, if an advice of the Finance Department on the specific issue is required, Administrative Department can refer the case with their self-contained comments on the issue.

This post has been delivered by Mr. M. Raza Shamsi.


Download Deputation Policy Punjab




  1. Adnan says:

    Can a UDC (BPS-11) be appointed to the post of stenotypist (BPS-14) on deputation?


  2. Israr says:

    AoA. I am working as Statistical Officer (BPS-17) in Federal Govt as Permanent since appointment 2015. Now I want to go another Federal Govt Deptt on deputation as same designation. Any on know any rule for permanent merge in new deptt.........???

  3. Government Servant says:

    Mian Police department mai as computer operator BPS-16 ho. mai deputation avail karna chahta ho. es ky liye kia procedure hy. kia mai application du. ya jis department mai mai jana chahat ho us department ka head mera proposal mery current department ko bhej kar mujhy deputation par maang sakthy hain۔

  4. maryam ibrar says:

    Deputation procedure bta dain plzz from sindh to punjab

  5. DANIAL says:

    Koi bhai mughe Deputation lane ka tarika kar to bata dayn mein as waqt education department me as a junior clerk kam kar raha ho

  6. Seemab Munawar says:

    Dear Sir/Mam please muje yeh bta dein k deputation pe transfer k bad ap same designation ki vacant post pe apne department se N.O.C ly kr other department mein Absorb ho skty hain...

  7. Mehdi Ali Khan says:

    AOA. service deputation parent department to borrowing department same scale ma hi transfer hona chahye ya same cadr ma bi transfer ho skta ha please guide me.

  8. Mahjabeen Inayat says:

    I was deputed on vacant post in Govt.College for Women Bahawalnagar from KPK Govt. to Punjab Govt. since 05-03-2013 to 04-03-2016 (First period 3 Years) and i have availed my extension in deputation period from 05-03-2016 to 04-03-2016 (2nd period for 1 year). Now the current status is that i have applied/requested (through proper channel) for 1 year more extension in deputation period from 05-03-2017 to 04-03-2018 and my case under process (Notification/NOC for extension from KPK Govt. already issued/received up to 04-03-2018). Further that Govt.College for Women Bahawalnagar stopped my salary of March, 2017 and the said college did not relieve me from duty. Now what i can do? plz reply

  9. Nazar-e-Hyder says:

    Dear Sir
    Please muje ye confirm kr den k Deputation person (Grade 1-15) after one year apne parent department se NOC le kr Deputation Department me MERGE ho skta he. Agar aisa he to kon sa RULE Code karna pare ga. Please Help me. Tnx!

  10. Dr. Asif says:

    Is there any deputation policy of federal government separately like Punjab Government?
    2ndly, I am a medical doctor in BPS 17. I am on deputation from Punjab Government (PESSI, an Autonomous Body) to Fedral Govt.Will i be eligible for health allowance @Rs. 15000/month (as i was securing in Punjab Government in my parent deptt) or for health allowance being given in Federal Government @ one basic pay/ month?

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.