Notification of Clarification of Ph.D/D.Sc and M.Phil Allowance

Govt of the Punjab Finance Department has issued Notification No. FD.SR-I/9-47/2013 dated 1st October 2013 in connection with the clarification of the Ph.D/D.Sc and M.Phil Allowance.

In connection with the Notification No. FD.SR-I/9-21/2011 dated 01-04-2013 it was conveyed that the competent authority has been pleased to extend the facility of M.Phil Allowance @ 50% of Ph.D allowance to all the Govt servants across the board working under the administrative control of the Govt of Punjab subject to the condition that they acquire the M.Phil degree from the recognized universities of HEC with immediate effect. But instances have come to the notice that the Administrative Departments are not complying with the said instructions in the letter and spirit as number of cases are referred to this department for advise despite issuance of clear instructions in this regard.

All the departments are therefore, process/finalized the subject cases at their own without referring the same to the Finance Department Advice. M.Phil Allowance is admissible wef 01-04-2013.

View Comments (33)

      • How is it possible that a benefit given by punjab government is not given by the Federal Government. The Federal Government has already issued a notification for the admissibility of the MPhil allowance to all the government servants irrespective of their scales.

        • if The Federal Government has already issued a notification for the admissibility of the MPhil allowance to all the government servants irrespective of their scales. kindly provide copy.thanx

          • Dear Kamran, Federal Govt has issued only the Ph.D Allowance @2250/- PM. And also Science & Technology Allowance.

        • Dear Basharat, if you the copy of this notification, plz email me too so that i may publish the same for the info of all FG Employees. Thanks

  • گورنمنٹ سندھ کے ملازمین کو بھی یہ ملے گا یا نہیں

    • Dear Muhammad Ismail if the Govt of Sindh too issue the same notification of M.Phil then they will get this allowance.

  • This letter has been issued in relation to my case wherein my department has sought advice of FD that this allowance applicable for contract employees or not.

    SO all contract employees are also eligible as per clarification of this letter.

  • what all contract employ can get benefit who having m.phil degree from hec recognize university,if yes then how we can allpy for this,thanks glxspace for providing all important information at home.

    • Dear Bushra according to the Notification all the employees of Punjab are eligible for the M.Phil Allowance having the M.Phil Degree, there is no restriction of contract employees.

  • I did M.Phil in Chemistry on 1989, later on I joined punjab education Dept. as Assistant Professor in BPS 18. I did not get four increments of M.Phil. Am i eligible for M.Phil allowance?

    • Dear Nabeela, if these increments were allowed at that time, then u cam get the same by applying to ur department.

  • Sir,
    I am working as SST(IT) sine 2010. I hv completed my MS (HRM) recently.
    Can I get MS/Mphil allowance? As my subject in MS is not IT related.

    • Dear Sidra, I am not confirm about it. As M.Phil Allowance is admissible to M.Phil Holders and Computer Allowance is admissible to IT Teachers.

  • Miss Shumaila, please tell me that, is the M.Phil allowance admissible to all subjects including Education or not?

  • AOA
    i want to clear something..kindly rply me
    I am doing MS(it)..I heard that Ms allownce is not given to it teachers rather it will be given to those who have done MS(CS)
    I'm working in Govt(education dept)

  • Ma'm kaya mphil bio chemistry karny par punjab education department mae allowance
    Milta ha kaya
    If yes agr koe notification ha to mujy mail kr dy thnx

  • AoA, Kindly send me the Notification of Sindh Govt issued by the Fin Dept regarding MPHIL Allowance.Regards

  • i m possessing the degree of Diploma in Associate Engineering in year of 1999 and im working in Central directorate of National Savings and i have been appointed in 2009
    furthermore may i take l increment allowance beside that i m working as non technical staff
    furthermore i m able to take advance increment or not?????