Guidelines to Facilitate Husband and Wife at the Same Station

Govt of Pakistan Cabinet Secretariat Establishment Division has already issued Notification NO. 10/30/97-R.II dated 13th May 1998 in connection with Transfer Policy Husband Wife for posting at the same station. Some of the main points of this Notification are as under:

Wedlock Policy

Some salient points for the Wedlock Policy are as under:

Wedlock Policy in Case of Posting at Different Stations in the Same Department

When the request is made for posting at different stations in the same cadre/service/department in which an employee is already working, subject to the availability of post in the same Basic Pay Scale, the request may be accepted.

Wedlock Policy in Case of Temporary Deputation

If a request is made for temporary deputation to the other department, it may be processed with the consultation of the other department and it may be accepted on the standard terms & conditions of deputation and subject to the availability of the post in the same Basic Pay Scale.

Wedlock Policy in Case Permanent Transfer/Absorption in other Department

With the consultation of other department the request may also be forwarded, if the request is made for permanent transfer/absorption in another agency/department. In this case the seniority will be according to the Rule 4 of Civil Servants (Seniority) 1993.

Wedlock Policy in Case of Tie between Two Employees for Transfer

The Govt servant who has greater length of service will be preferred if there is tie between two employee for transfer at the same station in the same unit/department of an organization.

Wedlock Policy in Case of Medical Problems

Higher priority for transfer request will be given to the spouse facing serious medical problems.

Wedlock Policy & Extension in Deputation Period

Spouse already posted at one station, including deputation posting beyond the prescribed maximum period, may not be disturbed without compelling reasons of the public interest. If the public interest would permit then on request for extension in deputation period beyond the permissible limit may be considered with compassion.

Conditions for Wedlock Policy

The above guidelines are subject to the following terms & conditions:

  • Posting of Husband and Wife at the same station, should not be made by dislocation of any Govt Employee who is already serving at a specific station unless the transfer of the employee is necessary by compelling public interest reasons or within framework of the policy of transfer and posting.
  • In each case the prescribed selection committee be consulted.

View Comments (123)

  • nice sharing . is it apply on contracting employee . or any one of them on contract basis ?

    • Dear Ubedullah there is no mention of regular or contract employees in this policy. But i think it will not be applicable for the contract employees.

  • Assalamo alekam.
    may Allah bless you . My brother and his wife are working in health department of Punjab. now spouse of my brother posted to a remote area.what the line of action we should take to made them at the same place of work

    • Dear Mukhtar just apply to your department with the reasons. I hope they will consider it.

      • a.a..mam i and my wife are in education department but in different districts...we are till on contract and waitiong to b permanent..but in my wife`s school there are only two teachers... is it can b a hindrance in transfer...she is a primary teacher because some people says if there are two primary teacher then they can not b transfered

  • hello,,, i am working in federal govt department and posted in Baluchistan,
    my wife works in PTCL at karachi. Can i avail benefit of this wedlock policy?
    I am not sure of status of PTCL (Govt/ Semi Govt/ Company)

  • my husband is working as child specialist at DHQ hospital and i am working as PST Govt girls primary school basti sittar pura tehsil minchinabad district bahawalnagar .i want to be transferred in tehsil bahawalnagar but punjab govt policy says there in no wedlock policy within the district what is the solution

  • I am in provincial service, my wife is in Islamabad based federal service (both are regular) and my home is in Islamabad ... can I be transferred to Islamabad ??

  • i am advocate nasir and my mrs is wmo in dhq hospital in chakwal since april 2009 now my practice in Rawalpindi .so inform transfer procedure .

  • I need some legal help in my case of wedlock policy.
    i was serving as lecturer in Agri University and my Mrs. Was also working as lecturer in other university in same city.
    due to some political issues vice chancellor transferred me to another campus 300 km away. I applied and requested on the basis of w
    edlock policy. But he refused to entertain.
    i need some legal help in this regard. On professional basis.

  • Aslam o Alikum Respected Sir,
    sir m wapda m job krta hun jo fedral govt k under hai. n meri wife ETP BOARD m lecturer hai wo b fedral govt k under hai. hm dono lhr m job krty hain. meri posting mangla power house m ho rhi hai. kya wedlock policy sy koi help mil skti hai k meri transfer na ho n hm dono ek hi city m job krty rhain.ham dono ka departmnt b same nai hai.. mjy wedlock policy k office order ki copy mail kr dijie plz... m ap k liye dua go rahoonga. 0300-8880299

  • dear meri wife Lady Health Worker hai sindh mi .aor main federal islamabad mi job karta hoon .mujhay letter email kardain plz.taki main application move kardoon.

  • Aoa...i am employer of punjab govt and my husband is employer of fedral...doing job in his depattment they frequently transferred their there is any condition that his transferred should remain at the same place permanently bcz of wet lock policy....plz guide me

  • Dear meri wife Lady Health Worker hain .2009 si leker aor main Pakistan Engineering Council mi job karta hoon PEC ministry of Science and technology ki under ati hai.aor meri begham Govt of sindh distt.Khairpur Mirs mi hai.main islamabad G-5/2 atta turk avenue PE,HQ mi hoon.2012 me mera transfer sukkur hua tha lakin Siyasi basis pi mujhay sukkur si islamabad transfer kia gaya 2013 mi .ab main kia kar skta hoon jab k govt ka Qanoon b hai k same station pi wife aor husband honi chahiyan.
    plz tell me.

    • Dear Abdul Hafeez Shar you can apply for the transfer of u with the job place document of ur wife.

  • Sir, I m doing job in private bank but my wife is lecturer in other city........please confirm either wedlock policy is effective in its situation

  • AoA, my wife recently posted at tando adam sindh as lecturer in government College. Though I am at Islamabad working at public University. Now I want her to be transferred through wedlock policy. Please kindly advice me what should I do. Thanks

      • I can't do that since I am a non-faculty. Besides I went to federal department of education at g9 and they said that government has restricted deputation for time being. Can you please guide me through. Thanks

  • Aoa mam I ve been recently appointed as ESE on contract n my wedding is planed in dec.Is there any way of transfer to any other district

  • AOA. i m doing job in Supreme Court, Islamabad, and my wife doing job in Jhelum (Punjab) as Govt Teacher, i want to transfer her in islamabad under the wedlock policy plz tell me about the complete procedure/details thnx

  • Dear me lhr me job krta hn r meri wife dusry district me gov teacher e.r wo cntract pe wdlock policy k teht me apni bv ki transfer dusry district se lhr me krwa skta hn.ugr koi way he tu kindly guide me 4 ds

  • AOA




    IF YES,




  • Salam!
    My wife is teacher in punjab education department and i am employee in Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission. We were posted in same city but before 6 month, my department posted me with temporary attachment in other city of other province. I passed this period with many difficulties but now they are extending for 6 months more. Maybe they are interested to post me my there permanently. What can i do? What is the ruling? Please help me.

  • AoA!!!!
    Mam i m employee of punjab police in BPS 9 and currently posted in District gujrat ,and my wife is serving as a teacher in BPS 9 in gujar khan ,Rawalpindi. Her notification of posting is before me ,mean to say she has an experience of 3 years , and i have just 1 year of experience, Is there any chance of my transfer to District Rawalpindi. If yes then mail me the procedure and notification if any related to it..
    I shall be thankfull to you...

  • Respected Sister, AOA
    I am serving in Pak Army where as my Wife is a lecturer in BPS 18 in Gomal university Dera Ismail Khan. Since last 8 years we have been living at separate stations due to the nature of my Job/postings. But now, after having blessed with a daughter and two sons, its difficult for us to reside separately.
    Sister, I have tried my level best to have my wife transferred from Dera Ismail Khan at the station where i serves but couldn't succeed as we both are not conversant to the technicalities of civil rules and regulations.
    We will be obliged if you put us wise in this regard.

  • Respected Sister,
    I am serving in Pak Army where as my Wife is a teacher in BPS 14 in Govt primry school charsadda kpk. Since last 8 years we have been living at separate stations due to the nature of my Job/postings. But now, after having blessed with a daughter , its difficult for us to reside separately.
    Sister, I have tried my level best to have my wife transferred from charsadda to risalpur or my other station where i serves but couldn't succeed as we both are not conversant to the technicalities of civil rules and regulations.
    We will be obliged if you put us wise in this regard.
    Ashfaq Ahmed.

  • Assalam o Alaikum dear mam I am employee in govt of punjab hospital and my husband is an employee of Pak Army. My husband got transfered to quetta which is different province and I cant go their due to my father in law also a paralyzed patient and I have daughter 1 month before. Kindly give me some favor I am really to much tensed...

  • Assalam-o-alaikum,,,,,dear mam,,,,,my wife is a Primary School Teacher in Dist. Sanghar and I am also a employee of FBR posted in Karachi. I and my family facing many problems,,,i want to transfer my wife in karachi.....plz guide me about this.

    thanking you

  • AoA
    Dear sis
    I am permanent employee of Punjab Emergency Service and my recently selected as lecturer Chemistry through PPSC open merit system on permanent basis.We both and our families are living in Rawalpindi but due to open merit system the girls of higher merit then my wife covered all the seats of Division Rawalpindi.Because of this my wife wife have to opt the vacant seat of district Sargodha.Now My want to apply her transfer from Sargodha to Rawalpindi on wedlock policy.But we are unaware how she can apply?.Where we have to go? To whom we have to approach? Who is the competent authority to resolve /consider this issue?

  • Salam. I am serving as lecturer in FGEI c/G Dte currently at FG Degree College Attock Cantt. My Wife is serving as lecturer under AJK government colleges in Kashmir. How Can i get benefit from this policy. please tell that what is the total time period for deputation, can it be further extended behind three or five year.

  • Aoa !
    I'am a government teacher in skardu but my husband is in islamabad doing his private business and i'am facing difficulties here therefore I want to transfer my service to Islamabad or Rawal-pindi please give me suggestion how can i transfer my service there .
    I shall be very thankful to you,

  • Dear Madam

    Mera Meri recently Transfer hoyi hay Quetta say Islamabad magar meri wife aur bachay quetta main hai8n meri wife Govt Teacher hain Quetta main and main chahta hoon k wife k islamabd main Transfer ho jaye q meri Daughter bhi beemar hay 3years uski aj hay is liya mera medical ka ground bhi banta hay madam agar ap k pass koi is tarah ka case hay tu kindly email me qk yahan is tarah wedlock policy per implementation bohot mushkil hay jab tak koi sefarish na ho ap kindly koi is tarah ka case send kar dain mughy takay main yahan reference k tor per us ko day kar apni wife ki transfer karwa sakoon ap ki nawazish hogi

  • AOA Mam,

    My husband in Pakistan Army,he is serving at Hyderabad. I am Lecturer at University of Gujrat, I want to go on temporarily Deputation University of Sindh, Allama I.I Kazi Campus Jamshoro. I also have some medical reason. Is it possible? please reply.

  • Aoa mam me pmad me kam krta hu mera abi abi trf lahore huwa h or mari wife sindh govt college me job krti kindly agr wedlock policy mujh pe lago hoti h to plz mujy gid.line dy me or mari failmy both tans h

  • Dear me Pakistan atomic energy main job karta hoon.mery posting taunsa Sharif district d g Khan main hay.mery wife Baluchistan main teacher hay. Kia mery wife ka transfer wedlock policy ka tahat ho skat hay.thanksv

  • Dear All can anyone specify a ruling or directive issued by supreme court of pakistan in regard to wedlock policy
    and is it applicable for atounomous bodies as wel

  • Aoa sister.I have been working as stenographer in district and session court wife is working as lady health visitor at basic health unit unran district Rahim yar khan under Punjab rural support programe.(a project of chief minister initiative for primary health care).I want to transfer mine to district Rahim yar khan .can it is possible through wedlock policy?pls reply me soon

  • Dear sister plz send me copy of new wedlock policy announced by PM Gilani in 2012, as i & my wife r suffering badly due to non implementation of this. I will be grateful to u. Thank u

  • AoA
    I am serving in pofs wah cantt as ATO bps 14.i am a government servant.and my wife is a pst teacher in kharian distt gujrat.i want to transfer my wife in wah it possible

  • AoA
    I am government wife is a teacher i want to transfer my wife in my distt

  • Aoa.
    Sister my wife was working in a semi gov institution as a lecturer in peshwar, when supreme court orderd to regularize her. Now in order to regularize her KPK goverment has posted her in peshawar on deputation bases for three years. And during these three years she is said to be regularized. In this situation I want her to be transferred/deputed in Islamabad/Rawalpindi. I am working in PIA. Please I need your guidance and procedure for all this. Thanking with regards.

  • I am e lecturer at govt college of Sindh,working from husband is an employee in wapda(punjab).is this policy applicable in my case if I want to transfer from Sindh to punjab?

  • A/O This Notification of wedlock policy is only applicable on Federal Department or applicable on all Federal and Provincial departments please reply thanks.

    • Dear Ashfaque Bhatti, it is for the Federal Govt Employees, however provincial govt has also issued Notifications like this.

  • I am working in attached department of Ministry of Defence at Islamabad, whereas my wife is EST in Punjab education department at Gojra. We want to be at same station. Plz guide me, what should I do? Either I should apply for transfer to Gojra OR my wife to apply for transfer to Islamabad/Rawalpindi? what is the rule?

  • Dear Miss
    I am working in Pak secretariat Islamabad in Planning and my wife is teacher in quetta Baluchistan i want deputation(Vedlock Basis) in quetta in Planning what is the procedure kindly update me or send me all deatails and procedure . i am very thank full to you. my Email id is (

    Thanx and Regards


  • salam,iam working medical technologist since 10 years in liaquat university of medical & health sciences hyderabad.
    my husband get job in private multinational company in islamabad .plz guide me n give any references about transfer ,
    i shall b thankful to u plz could u guide me n give any policy n references which i apply for transfer. my email id iz

  • salam.iam working as medical technologist since 10 yrs in liaquat uni of medical& health sciences jam hydearbad
    my husband get job in private multinational company islamabad
    plz give any references n policy for applying transfer .
    i shall very thankful to u for helping me

  • Dear Administrator. Please guide weather wedlock policy is applicable if wife is government employee and husband is working in private sector. Secondly, is it also applicable on government employee working on deputation status after 18th amendment. Looking forward to you kind guidance. Regards

  • A. A. mam i am served in district police okara and my wife is also gov't employee in health department okara. I am transfard from district police okara to Punjab consteblery farooqaba on depotetion for two years. My transfer may be canceled under wedlock policy. Please help me.

  • A.A i am served in district police Layyah and My wife is also govt employee in education department district Layyah. now i transferred from district police Layyah to Punjab Constabulary district Sheikhpura on deportation for 2 years. my transfer may be cancelled with order wedlock policy. plz help me



  • السلام علیکم ۔میں پنجاب پولیس لاہور میں 10 سال سے خدمات سرانجام دے رہا ہوں جبکہ میری بیوی محکمہ صحت میں ساہی وال ہسپتال میں تعینات ہے ۔پلیز مجھے بتاہیے کہ میرا تبادلہ ساہی وال میں ہو سکتا ہے کہ نہیں اور اس کا کیا طریقہ کار ہے ۔

  • A.o.A
    Mughe Govt. of Punjab ki wedlock policy ka notification ki ashad zaroorat hai. please send me the same. aur same station se kia murad lia jata hai.

  • A.o.A
    Mughe Govt. of Punjab ki wedlock policy ka notification chahe. most urgent please

  • A.o.A.. I am serving in Federal Govt. and my wife is newly appointed in Punjab Educators (Attock) and school is far away from our residence.. Presently, i am living in Wah Cantt. Distt. Rawalpindi.. Is this policy applicable on us? If yes, then what will be the procedure involve?

  • Mam I am working in wapda and my wife is working in education department. Now we are working in same city but now a days I transferred one station to an other station plz guide me and send policy
    M Afzal email

  • i m trying for transfer at wedlock basis but ban is not uplifted till date . plz guide me will trasnfer is possible during ban at wedlock . shamas munir SST I.T

  • I am working in fedral Govt. Lahore station and I m going to marry next week. My wife is working in educators punjab govt BPS-16 (Nankana Sahib). Plz guide ho can I transfer her seat to lahore??

  • Hi, i may kindly be informed whether, this policy is applicable when a spouse is serving in education Deptt of a province and her husband is in federal set-up?


  • Hi i am goverment employe working as a health care professional but my spouse is non goverment employe.when i requested my medical suprintendant to get me transfer to my desired destination.he refused and asked me to get someone mutual help i want to ask that does this policy help those candidates or no.

  • Transfer of federal government servant to province and provincial government r to federal government on same scale and same post possible ?

  • AoA madam...meri abhi recently appointment hui hy ESE Vehari mein ..meri shadi Nankana Sahib hui hy or main whan transfer krwana chahti hun .kindly mjhy btaen k wedlock k through mera transfer possible hy ya nhi ..agr hy to plz mjy method bta den ..plz help me ..I am much worried about it

  • A.o.A
    transfer of kpk education department to the federal education department as a primary school teacher in the same post ,is possible?

  • aoa me jahangir working as a sese teacher in punjab govt in khanewal district on contrect . my wife is working as a ese teacher in punjab govt in vehari district on contrect . plz plz gaide me wedlock policy is effective here. and in ban

  • A.o.A i am working as ese sci math .in fsd .and my wife is working as ese sci math in district khushab.........we both working as contract it possible .my wife apply for transfer in my district .....??

  • My wife is a teacher in school at Sukkur and i am residing in Rawalpindi and also running a business in Islamabad. How can i transfer my wife near to my residence or near to my business place. Please help me out.

    Thank you

  • Aoa mri wife sarghuda m teacher ha PBS16 ..and m fedral city islambad m govt servent scale 11 pe as a sub engineer job kr Ra hun ...plz transfer ki policy k bary m guide kr den...Kya transfer ho skta ha???

  • Salaam sir kia ik bndha Punjab school education department m BPS-16 M physics subject p job kr rha ho kya wh again without resign osi post p r osi district mosi scale p new recruitment m apply kr skta he?

  • Main Karachi me Federal Govt me kam karta hun. Meri wife Baluchistan government me teacher hai. Hamaray idaray ka station Quetta me hai ... Kiya main wahan Transfer hosakta hun.??? main bahot pareshan hun plz koi suggestion den....???

  • Is it possible for an employee of Punjab Govt. to get herself transferred on permanent/ absorption basic in Sindh Govt.?

  • Ms shomaila i am serving in isb police and my wife is a govt teacher in rwp village which is 80KM far from my house, is she eligible to wedlock policy? if yes then which process should follow by her? mutual, deputation or what? kindly guide me. thankx

  • Meri wife Baluchistan men government teacher he.or men Punjab men government server wife ka transfer Punjab men ho skta he.agr han to pher kese.please help me.we r suffering very difficulties.

    • Salam this is Aman pirzada Advocate. brother if you are federal servent then it is possible if not then sorry, this policy will apply in same province

  • AOA ........... ma or meri wife fg education department ma hn meri wife ki service or experience ziada hy but ma fresh appointee hun meri wife or ma different cities ma hn.... mera abi probation period complete nahi hua ........... ager ma wedlock policy k through apny wife ki station per application forward krun to meri transfer kitny dair ma hogi? kia asani sy hojaiga mera transfer?

  • AOA, madam,
    i am working in wapda autonomous body under Ministry of Water Resources and my wife working as Woman Medical Officer in Sindh Government . please guide me can we are eligible for wed lock transfer policy if yes then pleasr send me capy of letter. Thanks

  • Dear, i m doing job in Engro Fertilizers Daharki Sindh as permanent employee while my wife is teacher in punjab education department as sst English. Is there any possibility of transfer from punjab to sindh where i m working ?