Government of Punjab Finance Department has issued Notification No. SO (SE-III) 2-16/2007 dated 17-11-2015 in connection with Further Clarification of Grant of Ph.D and M.Phil Allowance.
As per Advice issued by Finance Department dated 27-06-2014, it is clarified that:
- From 01-04-2013 M.Phil Allowance at the rate of half of Ph.D Allowance per month is admissible to all officers/officials across the board without any restriction of scale. More over Science & Technology Allowance, Ph.D Allowance and M.Phil Allowance are admissible to regular employees and those contract employees who are appointed in pay scales in term of para 3(XIII)(i) of the contract appointment policy 2004 issued by the S& GAD, Government of Punjab (Recruitment Policies issued by the School Education Department Government of Punjab in line of Para 3(XIII)(i) of the contract appointment policy 2004 issued by the S&GAD Govt of Punjab). The terms and conditions of the admissibility of the said allowance shall remain the same as in the case of regular employees.
- There is no restriction of subjects in case of award of M.Phil Allowance. Therefore the facility of 50% of Ph.D Allowance to all Govt servants across the board working under the administrative control of Government of Punjab may be allowed with effect from 01-04-2013 subject to the condition that they acquire the M.Phil Degree from the recognized Universities of HEC.
- Only one M.Phil or Ph.D Allowance will be admissible.
- M.Phil or Ph.D Allowance may not be admissible to those who have already drawn advance increments on acquiring M.Phil or Ph.D.
- M.Phil or Ph.D Allowance will be admissible to all Govt servants across the board working under the administrative control of Govt of Punjab with effect from 01-04-2013 subject to the condition that they from the recognized Universities of HEC regardless of the fact whether they acquired degree during Study Leave or EOL etc or got pay and annual increments for the study period.
- Grant of Special Allowance for M.Phil or Ph.D to Subject Specialists/SSS/Headmaster/Senior Headmaster/Principals (M&F) is subject to the condition that the qualification allowance for M.Phil @ Rs.1200/- per month already admissible to these categories with effect from 01-09-2007 in terms of Notification dated 24-09-2007 would be discontinued.