Further Clarification of Grant of Ph.D and M.Phil Allowance

Government of Punjab Finance Department has issued Notification No. SO (SE-III) 2-16/2007 dated 17-11-2015 in connection with Further Clarification of Grant of Ph.D and M.Phil Allowance.

As per Advice issued by Finance Department dated 27-06-2014, it is clarified that:

1. From 01-04-2013 M.Phil Allowance at the rate of half of Ph.D Allowance per month is admissible to all officers/officials across the board without any restriction of scale. More over Science & Technology Allowance, Ph.D Allowance and M.Phil Allowance are admissible to regular employees and those contract employees who are appointed in pay scales in term of para 3(XIII)(i) of the contract appointment policy 2004 issued by the S& GAD, Government of Punjab (Recruitment Policies issued by the School Education Department Government of Punjab in line of Para 3(XIII)(i) of the contract appointment policy 2004 issued by the S&GAD Govt of Punjab). The terms and conditions of the admissibility of the said allowance shall remain the same as in the case of regular employees.
  2. There is no restriction of subjects in case of award of M.Phil Allowance. Therefore the facility of 50% of Ph.D Allowance to all Govt servants across the board working under the administrative control of Government of Punjab may be allowed with effect from 01-04-2013 subject to the condition that they acquire the M.Phil Degree from the recognized Universities of HEC.
  3. Only one M.Phil or Ph.D Allowance will be admissible.
  4. M.Phil or Ph.D Allowance may not be admissible to those who have already drawn advance increments on acquiring M.Phil or Ph.D.
  5. M.Phil or Ph.D Allowance will be admissible to all Govt servants across the board working under the administrative control of Govt of Punjab with effect from 01-04-2013 subject to the condition that they from the recognized Universities of HEC regardless of the fact whether they acquired degree during Study Leave or EOL etc or got pay and annual increments for the study period.
  6. Grant of Special Allowance for M.Phil or Ph.D to Subject Specialists/SSS/Headmaster/Senior Headmaster/Principals (M&F) is subject to the condition that the qualification allowance for M.Phil  @ Rs.1200/- per month already admissible to these categories with effect from 01-09-2007 in terms of Notification dated 24-09-2007 would be discontinued.

Ph.D and M.Phil Allowance

Ph.D and M.Phil Allowances

1. AO says:

please share the recent notificaton regarding the competent authority who ca sanction mphil allowance for oficers in BPS 17 in punjab govt dpts. thanks

2. Muhammad Faisal Nazir says:

I am working as Computer Teacher in a Govt School i did my BS in Computer Science and i was selected on the basis of BS in Computer Science.Now i want to take admission in M.Phill Education on the basis of M.Ed.
    I want to ask whether M.Phill Allowance will be allowed to me or not??

3. Khalid Farooq Zia says:

is M phill allowance is admissible from date of issuance of degree or from date of passing Mphil ?

4. Ishtiaq Ahmad says:

Assalamu Alaikum Dear All,

I have done my MBA 3.5 after the 2 year graduation, after this i have done my MS in Management Sciences 2 years. Any one can email my about i m eligible for M.Phil Allowance?

Furthermore any person can send me on email the HEC Notification that MS Equivalent to M.Phil
    ?????

5. Gohar Waqar Khan says:

Sir main nain MS kia hua hai ..... kia MS ko equalance certificete dena must hai evenHEC mention on their website ke MS is Equal to M.phill... Plz can anyone send me notificane of MS ia Equal to MPhill ,

6. gul malik says:

Sir pz conferm kren k MS walon ko b allowance milay ga kia 5000/

7. M Shahid says:

And MS is eligible to get qualification allowance and what is procedure??? Plz help me

8. M Shahid says:

A o a. ,koi mjy notification send kr skta h m Phil permission k liay ,mera DDo education permission ni dy RHA ,I pay special thank who may help me

9. Najam ul Saqib says:

Plz clarify that MS digree holder also eligible for M.phil allowance?????
    Because our department rejected MS degree and say that M.phil allowance is just for M.phil degree holder not for MS....plz

10. Salman Qaiser says:

Dear sir, I did B.com Hons 4 years and then I did MBA of 2.5 years. My education period is of 18 years is it equal to MS? And if yes MS are eligible for this Allowance? Please clarify Thank you

11. sumiya afzal says:

Plz clear me about benifit of m.phil allowence

12. M Arif Khan says:

equivalency of MS/MPhil for mater degree holder are not entitled to Mphil/MS allowence

13. Muzzamil says:

Please send me procedure how to approve M.Phil allowance from where account office or deo secondary office?? who is competent authority to allow this allowance and who approved that?? or please tell me if M.Phil marks is calculated in merit of candidate then is he eligible to M.Phil allowance???

14. abdul rashid says:

sir please clarify that the notification no SR-1/10-6/85 finance department dt 12-5-16 regarding grant of special allowance m.phil, ph.d
    in this notification ddo has been given the powers to approve the allowance. question is that is there any need to get permission for m.phil from higher authorities other than ddo or ddo is empowered for permission also.
    abdul rashid

15. Muzzammil says:

Ager Mphill KE Marks ka benifit orders me le lya ho tu kya Mphil Allowance Milta he ke Nahi

16. iffat noureen says:

i am a permanent employee in fatima jinnah uni the mall rawalpindi as assistant BPS-16.
    i have recently done mphil economics .
    am i eligible for grant of mphil alloeance??
    nd how much ?

17. Dr. Muhammad Yaseen says:

thanks, pl.let me know that PhD allowance is admissible after retirement or not?

• Galaxy World says:

Dear Dr. Muhammad Yaseen, I am not confirm.

• Imtiaz Ali Khan says:

Absolutely not. Only emoluments specifically termed or declared as pay are admissible to be reckoned for the purpose of pension except Sr. Post Allowance. The only allowance admissible after retirement was that of Orderly Allowance which was admissible to retirees of Grade 20 and above and the same has been discontinued recently.

18. umar khan says:

MBA 17.5 year education holder entitle in m phile allownce??

19. Qamar says:

MS(CS) degree holders are entitled to m. Phil allowance or not?

20. dr. Muhammad Naeem says:

assalamoalaikom
    sir pl.send me notification / circular issued by DPI in 2015 about required documents for grant of m.phil or phd allowance

21. Bina says:

M. Pharm (master of pharmacy) is equivalent to M. Phil. So are the federal govt. employees who have done M.Pharm are entitled for M.Phill allowance?

22. Khalid says:

Whether M.Phil allowance admissible to Federal Govt employees. Kindly send or refer notification if available.

23. imdad ali says:

Where a civil servant is visited with a penalty of compulsory retirement on account of misconduct
    then can he be entitled to get L.P.R ?

24. MUSSADIQ MAHMOOD says:

salam....madam,
    m.phil allowance pst,est or sst ko b mil sakta hi?...1 pst teacher lay rahey hein...

25. Ayaz ahmad says:

Madam I have qualification MSc Hons that is equvalent to M Phil according to HEC notification. Please guide am i eligible for M Phill allowance??

26. Roheel says:

does federal govt employes are also entitled to Mphil and Phd allowance also?

27. Fayyaz Malik says:

Plz send me relevant rules regarding setting of seniority of an employee who joins previous department after two years .