Government of the Punjab School Education Department has issued Notification No. SO (SE-IV) 4-663/2012 dated 5th June 2014 in connection with Promotion Policy for MC Cadre Teachers. The policy guidelines are as under:
- The sanctioned posts for defunct MC Schools prior to 1st July 2002 be protected and the service matters pertaining to MC cadre teachers shall continue to be dealt with under the provisions of Punjab Local Councils Servants (Service) Rules 1997.
- The EDO (Edu) shall submit working papers for promotion of MC cadre teachers to the DCOs concerned for expeditious disposal of promotion cases by the Selection Committee constituted under Rule 4 of the Punjab Local Councils Servants (Service) Rules 1997 as amended vide Notification dated 18th April 2002.
- MC cadre teachers on their promotion shall be posted in MC Schools. In case the vacancies not available due to the posting of General Cadre teachers ten the General Cadre teachers shall be posted out so that the promotion of MC Cadre teachers can be actualized.
- The posts created after 1st July 2002 shall be treated sanctioned on the schedule of establishment of respective District Government.
- Since 2002, the recruitment against vacant posts in MC schools is being made by the School Education Department, therefore the teachers recruited or to be recruited shall stand at the strength of School Education Department and
- The School Education Department may also fill the vacant posts in MC Schools through transfer of General Cadre Employees provided that the promotion prospectuses of MC Cadre teachers are not adversely affected.
Special Thanks to Mr. Muhammad Awais.