The Lahore High Court Lahore has given its decision on 1st July 2014 in connection with Nomination in Ph.D in Agriculture Department & Study Leave. Some points of the decision are as under:
Shorn of dispensable details, facts of the case are that Government of the Punjab, Agriculture Department in terms of following criteria, incorporated in letter No. SO (R&E) 3-10/2011 dated 5th July, 2012, nominated the petitioners for Ph.D studies at University of Agriculture Faisalabad and University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi for the year 2012-13:-
- At least 1st division in M.Sc. or M.Sc.(Hons) with CGPA 2.5 or better.
- Maximum age limit 45 years.
- Regular employee of Agriculture Department.
- 5 years service including contract period in Agriculture Department.
- Nominations will be made strictly on merit/marks obtained/CGPA in M.Sc/ M.Sc.(Hons).
- Bio-data, Synopsis and Certificate that no departmental/anti-corruption inquiry is pending against the nominee.
- Surety Bond to the effect that after completion of Ph.D., the nominee shall serve Agriculture Department at least for five years, failing which he will pay Rs. 10 lac to the Agriculture Department.
- Study leave will be granted on due basis and remaining period will be considered as without pay.
- The selected candidates will have to pass tests equivalent to GRE (General) and International GRE (Subject) with at-least 50 % score in each.
- After completion of admission process, if nominee failed to join the Ph.D. classes for any reason, disciplinary action under rules will be taken against him.
Read the full detail of the decision at the copy of the decision.
This post has been delivered by Mr. Amir Afzal.