Last Updated on August 23, 2017 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab, Labour & HR Department has issued Notification No. SO(D-11)MW/2011(P-III) dated 21-08-2017 in connection with Minimum Wages Rates 2017 for Adult Unskilled and Juvenile Workers of Punjab Province.
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 6 of the Minimum Wages Ordinance, 1960 (XXXIX of 1960 ), Governor of the Punjab, on recommendation of Minimum Wages Board is pleased to specify to specify the minimum rates of wages for adult unskilled and juvenile workers employed in all industries and commercial undertakings of Punjab Province:
- 576.92/- per day (for eight working hours); and
- 15,000/- per month (for 26 working days).
- The following reduction shall be allowed from the wages of workers for providing housing accommodation and transport subject to agreement between the employer and workers:
(a) For providing housing accommodation: Rs.186/- per month;
(b) For providing transport facility: Rs. 39/- per month.
- An adult female worker shall get the same minimum wages as a male working for work of equal value (Rule 15 of the West Pakistan Minimum Wages Rules, 1962).
- The daily / weekly working hours, condition of overtime work, work on weekly days of rest and paid holidays, etc. shall be regulated by the factories Act, 1934 (Act XXXVI of 1934, payment od Wages Act, 1936 (No. IV of 1936) and other relevant Labour laws.
- This Notification shall come into force with effect from 01 July, 2017
Special thanks to Mr. Muhammad Zeshan & Mr. Nadeem Ashraf for sending the copy of the Notification of Minimum Wages Rates 2017 for Adult Unskilled and Juvenile Workers of Punjab Province.
You may also like: Monthly Wages Ceiling Punjab Govt 2017