Government of the Punjab, Finance Department has issued Notification on 20-08-2018 in connection with Streamlining Matters of Autonomous Bodies/Attached Department. Detail is as under:
- I am directed to draw attention of the Administrative Departments towards following observations raised with respect to Autonomous Authorities/Attached Department:
- Incorporation of names of Autonomous Bodies/Attached Departments in the First Schedule of Punjab Government Rules of Business, 2011 may be ensured.
- Approval and Notification of the Delegated Legislation (Rules, Regulations etc.) for the Autonomous Bodies from the Competent Forum as given in the Act/Ordinance of the Autonomous Body may also be expedited.
- Approval of opening of accounts of the Autonomous Bodies/Attached Departments may be ensued from the Finance Department.
- Approval of the Legislation (Act) from the Competent Forum in case of the Ordinance where considerable time passed after establishment of the Autonomous Body.
- Audit of the Accounts may be ensured as per directions of the Government.
- The cases for posts creation & up-gradation, increase in salaries & allowances, recruitment criteria, or any matter having financial implication may be sent to the Finance Department for advice by all the Autonomous Bodies who are in receipt of the Government Funding.
- Submission of Annual Reports to the Competent Forum through Administrative Departments as given in the relevant legislation.
- I am further directed to requested hat Administrative Department may hold stock take of matters of the Autonomous Bodies/Attached Departments under their purview on above said lines and remedial measures may be taken accordingly please.
Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the Notification of Streamlining Matters of Autonomous Bodies/Attached Department.