Chief Minister Office Punjab has issued letter on 05-10-2018 in connection with Task Force on Affairs of Private Hospitals. Detail is as under:
Chief Minister has been pleased to desire that a “Task Force on Affairs of Private Hospitals” be constituted to holistically examine the different aspects of functioning of private hospitals operating in the Province of Punjab, including but not limited to the followings, and submit its recommendations to the Government of Punjab for introducing improvements in their functioning:-
- Standards of existing medical facilities in private hospitals.
- The minimum facilities required to be available.
- The fee structure to be prescribed for different kinds of medical treatment.
- Quality of existing medical and paramedical staff in the hospitals and mode of their appointments.
- Cleanliness and hygienic conditions.
- Arrangements for disposal of medical waste.
- Security arrangements.
Secretary Specialized Healthcare & Medical Education Department shall suggest to the Chief Minister`s Office the composition of the aforementioned Task Force, its detailed Terms of Reference and period for formulation of its recommendations, within seventy-two (72) hours for issuance of a formal notification in this regard.
Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the letter of Task Force on Affairs of Private Hospitals.