Government of the Punjab, Local Government & Community Development Department (Admn-III Section) has issued Notification on 08-03-2019 in connection with Guidelines for Processing Cases Regarding Creation OSD Posts for Financial Assistance of Deceased. Detail is as under:
The case has been examined in the LG&CD and it is to inform you that in future all the cases of creation of OSD posts should be forwarded to the LG&CD Department separately of an employee. Provision of the following information / documents must be ensured:-
- Attested proforma by the local governments concerned mentioning following details:-
|Name of Deceased Local Govt. Servant/Designation||BPS||Basic Pay||Date of Birth||Date of death||Date of Entry into Local Govt. Service||Period with date for creation of OSD Post||Name Widow/widower/ family members|
- Attested copy of Obituary Notification.
- Attested copy of CNIC of the deceased and the family members in whose favour post is created.
- Attested copies of first and last pages of the service book in case of non-gazetted officers/officials.
- Attested copy of Death Certificate.
- Attested list of family members duly issued by the local government concerned would suffice the said purpose.
- Attested copy of last salary slip.
- The date of superannuation needs to be calculated from the date of birth as mentioned in service book in case of non-gazetted officers (copies of service book attested by the local government concerned).
- The date of superannuation needs to be calculated from the service period mentioned on the last salary slip in case of gazetted officers.
- In case of discrepancy in calculation of age of superannuation from the date of birth from CNIC and date of entry in service on service book, the date on service book will be taken for calculation of age superannuation as per Rule 7.3 (Note-I) of Punjab Financial Rule Volume-I.
- Finance Department has devised a list of family members to whom the financial assistance may be disbursed. It includes all the family members as provided in Rule 4.10 of the Punjab Civil Services Pension Rules.
- The expenditure of creation of Post of OSD shall be borne by the local government concerned from its budget and same shall be mentioned while referring the case of this Department.
- Attested copy of application of the widow/widower/family members.
- Attested copy of Succession Certificate duly issued by Court of Law.
- Attested copy of FRC issued by NADRA.
- Copy of the affidavit making it clear that the applicant is the legal heir of Family members.
BY: MR. ZAHID KHAN