Government of Gilgit-Baltistan, Department of Home & Prisons, GB Civil Secretariat Gilgit has issued Notification on 17-06-2019 in connection with Four Subdivisions as Separate Districts of Gilgit-Baltistan. Detail is as under:
No.SOII-18/2019(Notification) On the approval of the competent authority, the Government of Gilgit-Baltistan in exercise of the powers conferred upon it under Section 5 of land Revenue Act, 1967 is pleased to notify the following four subdivisions as separate Districts of Gilgit-Baltistan having the same territorial jurisdiction boundaries, as earlier:-
- District Gupis – Yasin in Gilgit Division.
- District Ronda in Baltistan Division.
- District Darel in Diamer-Astorem, Division.
- District Tangir in Diamer-Astore Division.
2. It is further clarified that, the Revenue Division: Police Ranges; Subdivisions; Tehsils and Sub Tehsils / Niabats shall remain the same as previously.
Special thanks to Mr. Ibrahim Mhd for sending the copy of the Notification of Four Subdivisions as Separate Districts of Gilgit-Baltistan.