Minimum Wages Rates 2019 Notification by Punjab Government has been issued on 01-07-2019. The same Notification has been issued by Government of Punjab Labour & HR Department. Detail is as under:
No.SO(D-II)MW/2011 (P-V) In exercise of the powers conferred under section 6 of the Minimum wages Ordinance, 1961 (XXXIX of 1961), Governor of the Punjab, on recommendation of Minimum Wages Board, is pleased to specify the minimum rates of wages for adult unskilled and juventte workers employed in all industrial and commercial undertakings of Punjab Province.
- Rs. 673.08/- per day (for eight working hours);
- Rs. 17,500/- per month (for 26 working days).
2. The following deductions shall be allowed from the wages of workers for providing housing accommodation and transport subject to agreement between the employer and workers:
(a) For providing housing accommodation: Rs,217/- per months;
(b) For providing transport facility. Rs,46/- per month.
3. An adult female worker shall get the same minimum wages as a male worker for worl of equal value (Rule 15 of the West Pakistan Minimum Wages Rules, 1962).
4. The daily / weekly working hours, condition of overtime work, work on weekly days of rest and paid holidays, etc., shall be regulated by the factories Act, 1934 (Act XXVI of 1934), Payment of Wages Act, 1936 (No. IV of 1936) and other relevant Labour Laws.
5. This notification shall come into force with effect from 01st July, 2019.
Special thanks to Mr. Muhammad Anwar for sensing the copy of the Minimum Wages Rates 2019 Notification by Punjab Government.