Last Updated on July 11, 2022 by Galaxy World
The government has launched an Interest Free Student Loan Scheme 2022 for students of various universities/colleges. Students can get free interest loans for the sessions 2022-21 and 2021-2022 in approved subjects of graduation, Post-graduation, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
Eligibility for Interest Free Student Loan Scheme 2022
The students who have got a minimum of 70% marks in the last general examinations and fulfill the required eligibility. The students should be financially weak and want to continue their educational qualifications.
Types of Loan
The banks will give the loan facility for the entire duration of the study for:-
- Schedule Fee (Banks will pay directly to College University)
- Boarding expenses excluding meal charges (Banks will pay directly to College University)
- Procurement of Textbooks — Disbursed directly to the student
Approved Subjects for Students Loan Scheme
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware.
- Economics, Statistics, and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences
Last Date to Apply
Concerned students can apply along with copies of required documents till the date as under:
29th July 2022 (Friday)
The banks will process the application and grant a loan on the basis of eligibility and availability of funds. Banks will reject the applications submitted on other forms rather than the prescribed forms. The late received application forms, the banks will also reject. Candidates who don’t fulfill the criteria should not apply. Banks will reject such applications if they receive them. If any influence on the loan, the Student Loan Wing or Loan Standing Committee can reject the application even if the candidate is eligible for the loan.
You may also like:
Download Application Form
The willing candidates can download the application form for the student loan scheme as under:
List of Approved Institutions (Colleges / Universities)
Here is the full list of all approved colleges/universities where the students studying are eligible for the loan scheme 2020-21 and 2021-22.
List of Banks Granting Student Loans without Interest
The following banks are granting free of interest loans to the students:
- Allied Bank of Pakistan (ABL)
- Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB)
- United Bank Limited (UBL)
- Habib Bank Limited (HBL)
- National Bank of Pakistan (NBP)
- State Bank of Pakistan
You may also like: Interest Free Loan to Government Employees