Last Updated on November 15, 2014 by ShumailaKamal
Government of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has passed a bill to establish a Fund for the Retirement Benefits and Death Compensation of the Civil servants of the Province of the KPK. This act may also be called as “Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Civil Servants Retirement Benefits and Death Compensation Act, 2014”.
This KPK Civil Servants Retirement Benefits and Death Compensation Act will be effective with immediate affect and it is for all the provincial Government employees of the province of KPK. Some features of this act are as under:
Payment of Retirement Benefits and Death Compensation
- At the time of retirement of a civil servant, the amount, as provided in the Schedule, shall be paid to the civil servant with the following percentage:
- The amount of benefit on retirement during the first 5 years from the promulgation of this Act shall be 25%.
- The amount of benefit on retirement during the second 5 years, from the promulgation of this Act, shall be 50%
- The amount of benefit on retirement during the third 5 years, from the promulgation of this Act, shall be 75%.
- The amount of benefit on retirement after 15 years, from the promulgation of this Act, shall be 100%.
- A civil servant, who is dismissed, removed, terminated or resigned from service, shall be entitled for the amount to the extent he had actually contributed to the Fund.
- If a civil servant dies during service, his family shall be paid full amount as prescribed for his grade of pay from the Fund.
- The amount shall be paid to the civil servant or his family at the time of retirement or death according to his last pay scale or grade. In case a civil servant is given promotion from retrospective effect after his retirement or death the differential amount shall be paid according to the revised grade or pay, subject to payment of difference in monthly contribution for the uncovered period.
- The retired civil servant or the family of the deceased civil servant shall submit the application on the form prescribed by the Board for the grant of retirement benefit.
The rates of the said fund are as under:
|Basic Pay Scale||Amount of Retirement Benefit and Death
|Monthly Deduction in Rs.|
|BPS-01 to 04||200,000/-||300/-|
|BPS-05 to 10||300,000/-||450/-|
|BPS-11 to 15||400,000/-||600/-|
|BPS-20 and onward||12,50,000/-||2000/-|
This post has been delivered by Mr. Fath Ullah.