Last Updated on April 8, 2015 by ShumailaKamal

Government of Pakistan, Finance Division has issued Notification No. F. No. 4 (2) R-2/2014-237 dated 07-04-2015 in connection with Protection of pay of Contract Gazetted Employees on Regularization or on their appointment on regular basis.

The proposal for protection of pay last pay drawn by the contract employee on their regularization/appointment on regular basis are received in Finance Division and considered/decided on case to case basis. The existing rules/orders on the subject don’t provide for protection of pay of gazetted contract employees on their regularization. The Courts have held from time to time that the pay of gazetted contract employees on their regularization/appointment on regular basis should be protected. The matter has been examined in the light of Court’s judgments and it has been decided to issue general policy guidelines in this regard. The pay of the Gazetted Contract Employees on their regularization/appointment on regular basis will be protected subject to the following conditions:

• That the contract appointment has been made in a BPS on standard conditions and terms circulated by Establishment Division as amended from time to time.
  • That the contract employee has applied through proper channel and has been properly relieved by the appointing authority. This condition shall not apply in case of regularization on the same post.
  • The regularization/appointment on regular basis has been made with the approval of competent authority.
  • That there is no break/interruption between regular and contract service.
  • That the service rendered on contract basis shall not qualify for pension and gratuity purposes.
  • That in the case of regular appointment from higher grade to lower grade, the pay shall not be protected.

Pay Protection Contract

70 thoughts on “Notification of Protection of pay of Contract Gazetted Employees on Regularization

1. Aslam Alaikum, I served as stenotypist bs12 in federal department during my probation period I applied for stenographer be 15 without. Through proper channel and selected. Subsequently I resigned my previous job 28-4-2003 and joined new job on 29-4-2003. My question is can I regularise my previous job to my current job? If yes then what is the rule? Please guide me.

2. madem mai 2011 say adhoc basis pay appoint hon kya mjay annual incremet mil skta h kindly agr koi aisa notification ya rule h tu mjay send kar dain.thnx

3. Madam i am appointed as Pst (bps 09) in education department government of sindh in May 2010. Then i applied for Jst (bps 14) through proper channel in same department. I passed NTS test and appointed as JST (bps 14) in July 2014.
    Kya meri 4 saal ki service count hosakti ha?
    Kya mujhy Pst k period ki annual increments mil sakti hai?

4. Aslamu Alikum
    Dear Madam,
    After 7 Years contract service reappoint in BPS 16 as RSO from BPS 14 Sc in Rescue 1122 is there any rule to shift the previois stages to BPS 16 or Pay protection …please waiting for soon reply.

5. Madam. My wife appt as TUGT ON CONTRACT BASIS WITH BPS TERMS AS PER ESTACODE APPOINTMENT FORMET IN FG SCHOOL. SHE HAS BEEN REGULARIZED ON 1ST JULY 2008. Now she has been deprived from annual increment due on 1st Dec on the plea that regularization on 1st July 2008 does not complete six months whereas on contract basis she was illegal for annual increment. Please send me any ruling if available. Letter issued by min of finance not fulfil my requirements due to date of implementation of 31 may 2013 as our case fall in 2008. Thanx

6. Madam! i am working as stenographer bs-16 in district judiciary, there is no transfer policy from one district division to other district division, due to non transfer policy i applied for the same post for my home district division through proper channel and on selection i joined my new job after releiving, now i am facing pay protection problem, is there any notification for my pay protection, plz help

7. Madam,now it is one year since this notification? Can any one tell me if pay of reularised employee on regularisation in same bps was fixed on the basis of last pay drawn as contract employeee or appointed in initial of the same bps and their previous increments were converted in yo personl allowance?Can any fedtal govt employee comment?

1. Dear v r also still waiting for some clarification by finance div and isb ,due to objections raised frm AGPR.
      When ever contact with finance div isb there only one answer “wait till committee meeting decision”
      Committee members (finance secretary, establishment is secretary, chairman FPsc) r still busy
      From April 2015 to date….let wait & see satuvation

8. I am regular post bps11 and I apply next scale bps12 in the
    Same department on contract basis through proper channel ..
    My old basic Bps 11 is 12110 rupees regular basis
    Please tell me how much new basic Bps12 on contract basis?

9. Dear Medam can you send me the notification of punjab govt. Pay protection notification latest.
    Actually I was in BPS-11 permanent Now i have been appointed in the same department at BPS-12 on contract as fresh candidates through NTS. I have got NOC and have no service break.
    I was at my 5th pay stage 11515 but now they are telling me that you will be placed in intial basic pay of BPS-12 which is 9055 too much loss in my basic.they are not giving even personal allowance of last incriments which i earned 5 yreas. U can guide me or help me by Punjab Govt.notification latest.???????

10. AOA Madam,,, Men ye bat share krna chata hon k wo contract employees jo regulerized honay se pehlay annual increments le re thay unko to pay protection mil gai..mgar jin employees ko contract k doran increments nai mili unko koi protection na pehele thi or na ab pay protection notification se unko koi benefit hua..wo pehle b increments se mehroom thay or ab bee…ye to tmtiazi salook hua?

11. Salam madam. Pay protection notification court ki decision ki bad aya hi. To kia ap muji usi court ka decision send kr skte hen. Jes court ki decision per gazetted employees ko pay protection ka notification isdu kia gya hi. Kpk govt not yet notified that 7 th April notification. Thanks

12. Madam kya is budget ma punjab government contract employees ko regular kare gee, pechle dino is tarha ke buht se khabrain aa rahi thee.