Last Updated on January 9, 2016 by Galaxy World
Office of the Chief Minister, Government of the Punjab has issued Notification No. S.O.(A-III)1-83/2012 dated 07-01-2016 in connection with Announcement of Facilities for Special Persons.
The Chief Minister Punjab has been pleased to approve the following for Special persons (Disabled), keeping in view the true spirit of “Employment and Rehabilitation Ordinance 1981” for persons with Disabilities and after 18th amendment Disabled Persons “(Employment and Rehabilitation) Ordinance 1981 promulgated as Disabled Persons “Employment and Rehabilitation Ordinance 2012”:
- The term “SPECIAL PERSON” will be called instead of “DISABLED PERSON” in all over the Punjab.
- There will be 3% quota in all Government Departments for Special Persons.
- Khidmat Card for every eligible Special Person in Punjab monthly stipend of Rs. 1200/- per month will be paid.
- Provision of SPECIAL CNIC to Special Persons to avail all Govt facilities.
- There will be no age limit for taking admission in any Educational Institution in Punjab.
- All institutional charges (Tuition Fee, Hostel Fee and Utility Bills) will be waived off for Special Persons.
- At least one seat reserved for Higher Education i.e M.Phil & Ph.D in all Government institutions/universities.
- It is necessary in all buildings of Government/Non Government Institutions, markets and public places provision of Ramps/Special Pathways, Toilets would be mandatory & this would be insured in all future constructions.
- There would be NO BAN on recruitment, Transfers and posting of Special Persons in all over the Punjab in any case & all departments will insure fully support to persons with disabilities working in Punjab.
- All departments will insure to overcome difficulties facing Special Persons i.e posting near to their homes or easily accessible work place (If available).
Above decisions will take immediate effect and will be implemented by all concerned in letter and spirit.
Special Thanks to Mr. Hamza Ali Abbasi (حمزہ علی عباسی) for sending the copy of the Notification of Announcement of Facilities for Special Persons by Punjab Govt.