Government of the Punjab, School Education Department has issued Notification No. SO (SE-IV) 2-34/2009 (TR) dated 27-07-2016 in connection with Amended Transfer Policy 2013 School Education Department Punjab.
Amended Transfer Policy 2013 School Education Department Punjab
According to this Notification, in continuation of this Department’s Transfer Policy 2013 vide even No dated 17-04-2013 & 24-06-2014, the Competent Authority has been pleased to approve following amendments/addition for facilitation of teachers regarding their posting/transfer near their residences subject to the availability of posts:
- In case of standalone Primary School, primary portion of higher level school or each portion of consolidated Model Primary School running with one or two teachers, the teacher shall not be transferred without ensuring a substitute.
- As one time dispensation during entire service, divorced and widow teachers may be transferred against vacancy during ban and before completing three years tenure in the present school.
- As one time dispensation during entire service married teacher/educator may be transferred against vacancy during lifting of ban before completing three years tenure in present school.
- Mutual transfer of teachers/educators may be allowed in the same discipline/subject/post/scale during ban on transfer/posting.
- Transfer of disabled teachers may be allowed against vacancy during ban on transfer/posting before completing three years tenure subject to recommendations of a Medical Board indicating that the disability of teacher hinders his/her mobility. Furthermore, posting/transfer due to any other ailment which also hinders the mobility of teacher (verified by Medical Board) must also be allowed during ban.
- Posting/transfer of teachers retiring on superannuation retirement from service within next one year should also be allowed during lifting of ban without applying the condition of three years tenure in their current posting.
- Request of female teachers for transfers made on the grounds that their place of posting is too far away from their residences, shall also be assigned highest priority, during lifting of ban, subject to availability of vacancy, without applying the condition of completion of three years tenure.
- Head Teachers of High, Higher Secondary, Comprehensive, Model, Pilot Secondary Schools may be allowed to be transferred against vacant post under identification of posts after completion three years active service in the present school during lifting of ban.