A bill regarding Increase Pay & Allowances President of Pakistan has been passed by the National Assembly. Detail is as under:
Further to amend President`s Salary, Allowances and Privileges Act, 1975
WHERAS it is expedient further to amend the President`s Salary, Allowances and Privileges Act, 1975 (LVIII of 1975), for the purposes hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted as follows: -
- Short title and commencement: - (1) This Act may be called the President`s Salary, Allowances and Privileges (Amendment) Act, 2 HESCO 018.
- It shall come into force at once.
- Substitution of section 3, Act LVIII of 1975.- In the President`s Salary, Allowances and Privileges Act, 1975 (LVIII of 1975), hereinafter referred to as the said Act, for section 3, the following shall be substituted, namely: -
“3. Monthly Salary. - (1) The Government shall pay per month salary to the president as specified in the Fourth Schedule.
- The Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, amend the Fourth Schedule to increase the salary of the President keeping in view the guiding principle that the remuneration of the President shall be a symbolic one rupee higher than the salary of any holder of public office in relation to affairs of the Federation.”.
- insertion of Fourth Schedule, Act LVII of 1975: - In the said Act, after the Third Schedule, the following Fourth Schedule, shall be inserted, namely: -
[See section 3]
Rs. 846,550/- (Rupees eight hundred forth six thousand five hundred and fifty only)”
STATEMENT OF OBJECTS AND REASONS
The salary of the President has been determined and rationalized to make provision for enabling him to discharge conveniently and with dignity the duties of his office. Hence this Bill.
Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the Bill Regarding Increase Pay & Allowances President of Pakistan Rs. 846,550/-.