Office of the provincial Police Officer Punjab has issued letter on 17-10-2018 in connection with Amendment in Punjab Police Department Ministerial Posts Rules 2017. Summary is as under:
It is submitted that at present, the following number of vacancies in various ranks are lying vacant in Punjab Police Department which are required to be filled in by promotion on seniority-cum-fitness basis, of the relevant category after successful completion of mandatory training from MPDD:-
- Superintendents (BS-17) = 85
- Assistants (BS-16) = 258
- Senior Scale Stenographers (BS-16) = 44
- Senior Clerk (BS-14) = 110
Total = 540
- According to Punjab Police Department (Ministerial Posts) Rules-2017 (Annex-A), training from MPDD has been declared mandatory for various ranks of Ministerial Staff for their promotion in next ranks as per detail given below:-
- Assistant to Superintendent = 4 weeks
- Senior Clerk to Assistant = 2 weeks
- Stenographer to Senior scale stenographer =2 weeks
- Junior Clerk to Senior Clerk = 2 week (case moved to Govt.
for 02 week training)
Further details are available at the copy of the letter. Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the letter of Amendment in Punjab Police Department Ministerial Posts Rules 2017.