Government of the Punjab, Finance Department has issued Notification on 14-12-2018 in connection with Conveyance Allowance during Summer & Winter Vacation Punjab Government.
No.FD.PR.21-34/2018. WHEREAS M/s Allah Rakha & two other ESTs filed Writ Petition No.9379/2018 with the prayer that:
- They may be granted conveyance allowance for the summer & Winter vacations.
- The respondent No.2 may kindly be directed to decide the pending application mention above passed by this Hon`ble court without any further delay.
2. AND WHEREAS the Hon`ble Lahore High Court, Bahawalpur Bench, Bahawalpur, vide order dates 26.10.2018 has remanded the writ-petition to respondent No.02, i.e., Secretary Finance to treat it as representation and decide the same in accordance with law within the period of 16-days.
3. AND WHEREAS the petitions are civil servants and they belong to vacation department i.e, School Educational Department. They are demanding Conveyance Allowance during summer and winter vacations. School Education Department was decided as vacation department vide Civil Service Rules Vol-I Part I & II, Rules 8.60 read with Appendix 18. Accordance to para 1.15(2) of Punjab Traveling Allowance Rules (Compendium 2008)’, conveyance allowance falling under Rule 1.14(ii) will be admissible only for the period during which the civil Servants held the post to which the conveyance allowance is attached and will not be admissible during leave or joining time.
4. AND WHEREAS Conveyance Allowance is a compensation to those employees who spend daily expenditure either to reach office or to go back to home: whereas, he alongwith other teachers do not spend any amount to reach office and vice versa during summer/winter vacation.
6. AND NOW THEREFORE, in light of the policy of Finance Department, the petitioners are not entitled to the benefit as requested in the writ petition. However, they are entitled to conveyance Allowance for the period of vacation when they were required to attend their officials duties subject to provision of certificate from head of institution/department. Therefore, I Hamed Yaqoob Sheikh, Finance Secretary, after hearing the petitioners, perusing the available record and policy circulated, hereby dispose of the application of the petitioners.
Special thanks to Mr. Naseer Hussain for sending the copy of the Conveyance Allowance during Summer & Winter Vacation Punjab Government.