Government of the Punjab Finance Department has issued Notification on 03-03-2020 in connection with Computer Operators Time Scale Upgradation and TSPU. Detail is as under:
Main Points Computer Operators Time Scale Upgradation
- Re-Designation Upgradation to BPS-15
- Grant of Time Scale Personal Upgradation to BPS-16 who have completed 8 years regular service
- Post of Computer Operator will be re-designated as Senior Computer Operator BPS-16
- Same case with programmer BPS-17
Details of TSPU
Will the Assistant Secretary (General), Board of Revenue, Punjab, kindly refer to your letter No.9055-2018/2087-Admn (I), dated 20.11.2019, on the subject noted above?
- The case has been examined. Finance Department observes that the Computer Operators in Board of Revenue were recruited on the basis of Qualification of Graduation with three months’ diploma / certificate in any computer language of Software Package according to “The Headquarters Ministerial posts Board of Revenue, Punjab service, 1997”. Therefore, they are entitled to be up-graded / re-designated as Computer Operator (BS-15).
- Moreover, as there is no promotional channel / upper tier in “The Headquarters Ministerial Posts Board of Revenue, Punjab service Rules, 1997”, therefore, the Computer Operators who have completed eight years’regular service on 14.12.2018 or later, are entitle to the grant of Time Scale Personal Up-gradation in BS-16 and the post of computer Operator (BS-16), the same criteria will be in case of Programmer (BS-17) in light of Finance Department’s Notification No.Fd.PC.40-43/2017 (E) dated 14.12.2018. As such, there is no need to create a Post of Senior Computer Operator (BS-16) / Programmer (BS-17).
Special thanks to Mr. Brave Ali for sending the copy of the Notification of Computer Operators Time Scale Upgradation and TSPU.
You may also like: Special Computer Allowance to Computer Operator / Data Entry Operator (DEO)