Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab School Education Department has issued a Notification on 11-11-2020 in connection with MA Education Degree as Academic as well as Professional Qualification. SED decided so in the minutes of the meeting of qualification equivalence determination committee to determine MA (Education) both as professional and academic qualification. The details of the same are as under:
MA Education Degree as Academic as well as Professional Qualification
A meeting of the committee was held under the chairmanship of Special Secretary (Operation) School Education Department, Govt. of Punjab, on 30.09.2020 at 12:00 P.M in the committee room of the Department to determine M.A (Education) both as Professional and Academic qualification.
- The composition of the committees is as follow:
- Dr. Muhammad Suhail Shahzad, Chairman
Special Secretary (Operation), School Education department.
- Mr. Dailwar Hussain Member
Section Officer (R-III), Regulations Wing,
Service & Genera; Administration Department.
- Mr. Zahoor Ahmad, Member
Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore.
- Dr. Ayaz Muhammad Khan, Member
University of Education, Lahore.
- Dr. Tariq Hussain, Member
Assistant Professor (IER)
University of Punjab, Lahore.
- The meeting started with the recitation of the Holy Quran, the Chair Sough views of the members regarding the determination of M.A (Education) both as Professional and Academic qualification. The committee discussed the following points:
- The subject specialist recruited against Education is not considered for regularization due to M.A (Education) as an academic degree and no other professional degree of B.Ed or M.Ed.
- What can be the status of M.A (Education) as compared to B.Ed or M.Ed?
- The committee after detailed discussion, deliberation and mutual consensus of all the members has come to the conclusion as follow:
- As a discipline, the subject of Education domains the art of teaching.
- The degree of M.A (Education) is equivalent to M.Ed and also a higher degree in comparison with B.Ed. Further, the syllabus of M.A (Education) covers more than the requirements of M.Ed. Therefore, the teacher, recruited in the School Education Department for the Subject of education by having an M.A (Education), shall not require any further qualification of B.Ed or M.Ed. The degree of M.A (Education) is Academic as well as Professional Qualification.
School Education Department Punjab Notification 18-10-2021
The government of the Punjab, School Education Department has issued a Notification on 18-10-2021 in connection with MA (Education) as Academic as well as Professional Qualification. The details of the same are as under:
No. SO(SEI)I-58/2015: Pursuant in the recommendations of Qualification Equivalence Determination Committee (QEDC), in its meeting held on 30.09.2020, it is notified that the degree of MLA (Education) may be considered as Academic as well as a professional qualification.
No. & Date Even
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:-
- The Accountant General, Punjab, Lahore.
- The principal secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab, Lahore.
- The Director Punjab Instructions (SE/EE), Punjab, Lahore / South Punjab, Multan.
- All the Deputy Commissioners, in Punjab.
- All the Acting Chief Executive Officers (DEA), in Punjab.
- The District Education Officers (SE/M-EE/W-EE), in Punjab.
- All the District Accounts Officers, in Punjab.
- Deputy Director Monitoring, CMMF, School Education Department.
- PSO to Minister, School Education Department.
- PS to Secretary, School Education Department.
- PS to Special Secretary, School Education Department.
- PA to Additional Secretary (Schools/DEA)/Deputy Secretary (SE/EE), School Education Department.
You may also like: MA Education is Equivalent to M.Ed