Last Updated on November 28, 2020 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab School Education Department has issued a Notification on 11-11-2020 in connection with MA Education Degree as Academic as well as Professional Qualification. SED decided so in the minutes of the meeting of qualification equivalence determination committee to determine MA (Education) both as professional and academic qualification. The details of the same are as under:
MA Education Degree as Academic as well as Professional Qualification
A meeting of the committee was held under the chairmanship of Special Secretary (Operation) School Education Department, Govt. of Punjab, on 30.09.2020 at 12:00 P.M in the committee room of the Department to determine M.A (Education) both as Professional and Academic qualification.
- The composition of the committees is as follow:
- Dr. Muhammad Suhail Shahzad, Chairman
Special Secretary (Operation), School Education department.
- Mr. Dailwar Hussain Member
Section Officer (R-III), Regulations Wing,
Service & Genera; Administration Department.
- Mr. Zahoor Ahmad, Member
Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore.
- Dr. Ayaz Muhammad Khan, Member
University of Education, Lahore.
- Dr. Tariq Hussain, Member
Assistant Professor (IER)
University of Punjab, Lahore.
- The meeting started with the recitation of the Holy Quran, the Chair Sough views of the members regarding the determination of M.A (Education) both as Professional and Academic qualification. The committee discussed the following points:
- The subject specialist recruited against Education is not considered for regularization due to M.A (Education) as an academic degree and no other professional degree of B.Ed or M.Ed.
- What can be the status of M.A (Education) as compared to B.Ed or M.Ed?
- The committee after detailed discussion, deliberation, and mutual consensus of all the members has come to the conclusion as follow:
- As a discipline, the subject of Education domains the art of teaching.
- The degree of M.A (Education) is equivalent to M.Ed and also higher degree in comparison with B.Ed. Further, the syllabus of M.A (Education) covers more than the requirements of M.Ed. Therefore, the teacher, recruited in School Education Department for the Subject of education by having M.A (Education), shall not require any further qualification of B.Ed or M.Ed. The degree of M.A (Education) is Academic as well as Professional Qualification.
You may also like: MA Education is Equivalent to M.Ed