Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab Higher Education Department has issued a circular on 04-01-2021 in connection with Notification Re-Opening Colleges and Universities & Directions. The details of the same are as under:
Notification Re-Opening Colleges and Universities Jan 2021
In pursuance of the decisions taken in the meeting of Inter-Provincial Education Ministers held on 04-01-2021, regarding the reopening of educational institutions in the backdrop of COVID-19, the following directions are hereby issued for strict compliance:
- Intermediate (11th & 12th) Classes in Public / Private Sector and Autonomous Colleges shall start w.e.f. 18th January 2021.
- All Public / Private Sector Universities, Degree Awarding Institutions, and Autonomous Bodies shall open w.e.f. 1st February 2021.
- The BISEs will give Board Examinations of SSC/HSSCin the months of May/June 2021 respectively.
- The staff (Teaching/Non-Teaching) of the Colleges / Universities / Autonomous Bodies shall continue to attend their respective Institutions w.e.f. 11th January 2021 for preparation of the start of classes and collection of assignments
- HEC policy Guidance Note No.8 dated 26.11.2020 regarding online teaching, learning and exams shall be strictly followed by the Universities.
While opening the institutions, the concerned administration shall ensure strict implementation of SOPs already communicated vide Primary & Secondary Health Department letter dated 02.09.2020, to prevent Corona Pandemic.