Last Updated on May 19, 2022 by Galaxy World
Here is the Summary Time Scale Promotion All BPS-01 to BPS-16 Federal Govt Employees. The Notification of the same, I hope will issue soon.
Summary Time Scale Promotion All BPS-01 to BPS-16 Federal Govt Employees
Time scale shall be granted to all civil servants in BPS-1 to BPS-16 of Federal Government thrice during entire service as per the following pattern:
- First-time scale On completion of 10 years’ service in the current substantive pay scale
- Second-time scale on completion of 8 years’ service after the grant of first-time scale or last promotion.
- Third-time scale on completion of 8 years’ service after granting of 2nd-time scale or last promotion.
The time scale will be admissible subject to the following conditions:
- completion of the prescribed length of service.
- Each ministry/division/department will constitute and notify a time scale committee (TSC) on the pattern of Departmental —-
- The time scale will be granted on the recommendation of the relevant Time Scale Committee.
- Performance evaluation reposts, detail of Disciplinary Action (if any), and completion of the requisite length of service will be the eligibility criteria for evaluation by the TSC.
- Time scale shall not be granted w.e.f from the date of completion of the requisite length of service rather completion of the length of service will make the employee eligible for consideration by the relevant TSC. Time scale shall always be granted with immediate effect, on the recommendation of relevant TSC, and after the approval of appointing authority for that higher time scale.
- Garnet of Tiem Scale shall not be considered as promotion within the meaning of Section-9 of scale civil servants.
- The substantive pay scale of time scale beneficiary shall be the original scale possessed by civil servants on regular basis through initial appointment o by means on promotion.
- On award of time scale, the pay of civil servants shall be fixed in higher Time Scale without grant of pre-mature increment.
- A civil servant who is awarded Time Scale during the period between 1st June to 30 November of a calendar year can opt for e-fixation of pay presumptively.
- On award of time scale, the civil servant will be entitled to pay & allowances sanctioned for that higher time scale.
- Service rendered on a time scale will be counted for a substantive pay scale of the incumbent.
- The time scale will not be granted from a back date i.e. it will not be effective before the date of TSC’s meeting.
- The time scale will be admissible thrice in the whole service. On each eve of promotion, one chance of Time Scale will be considered lapses.
- In case a civil servant is promoted before granting of time scale then the requisite length of service will be counted with effect from the date of actualization of that promotion.
- A civil servant who is already availing benefit of time scale policy or move up/placement to higher grade like in case of a civil servant in BPS-1 to BPS-4, drive/ dispatch rides, superintendent and health personal, he/she has to give irrevocable option whether he/she want to continue with old time scale/move-up/placement or new time scale policy.
- Each ministry, department/department may ensure to seek an irrevocable option within one month of issuance of this policy.
- Extra ordinary leave will not be counted for the length of service for the grant of Time scale.
You may also like: Upgradation of Federal Employees BPS-01 to BPS-16
Approval of Summary by Prime Minister
The Prime Minister of Pakistan has seen and pleased to approve the proposed revised time scale policy in the light of the Finance Division’s observations at para-12 as endorsed by the Establishment Division vide para-14 of the summary.