Last Updated on June 21, 2022 by Galaxy World
Programme Monitoring & Implementation Unit, Punjab Education Sector Reform Programme, School Education Department, Government of the Punjab has issued a Notification on 20-06-2022 regarding Distribution of Free Text Books to Students 2022-23 Punjab. These books are only for Public Sector Schools in the province of Punjab.
Schedule Distribution of Free Text Books to Students 2022-23 Punjab
PMIU-PESRP has completed 90% delivery of free textbooks (Except Class VI-VIII) for the academic session 2022-23 at tehsil warehouses across Punjab to date. The remaining books will be delivered at respective tehsil warehouses very soon. School Education Department has already issued directions to all CEOs (DEA) in Punjab to manage the distribution of books to students during summer vacation.
Instructions Regarding Distribution of Books School Education Department Punjab
Following instructions are hereby issued for the distribution of free textbooks to public sector schools and students within your respective districts.
- Free Textbooks should be issued to schools in accordance with the enrollment for the school.
- Documentation during the issuance of free textbooks to schools from the tehsil warehouse must be ensured. Similarly, Heads of all institutions must be directed to ensure documentation of free textbooks during issuance to students.
- Record of issuance of books from tehsil warehouses and schools must be maintained properly for audit purposes.
- CEOs (DEAs) are directed to issue free textbooks for schools under the Punjab Education Department Foundation (PEF) and PEIMA-PSSP with the permission of PEF & PEIMA-PSSP.
- CEOs (DEAs) should ensure the distribution of free textbooks to 100% of schools and students within their district in accordance with SOPs.
- Focal Persons of free books and CEOs (DEAs) must ensure that there is no pilferage of FTBs from Tehsil warehouses and schools within their jurisdiction.
- They should complete the activity of distribution of free textbooks before the start of the new academic session 2022-2023.
You may also like: Clarification 15% Pension Increase Punjab Pensioners