Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by ShumailaKamalBHP
Govt of Pakistan Finance Division, Regulation Wing, Islamabad has issued Notification No. F.1 (11) Imp/2011 dated 22nd September 2011 in connection with the General Principals for the Removal of Anomalies. The question of determining anomaly of pay of junior Government servant exceeding the pay of the senior Government servant has been examined and it has been decided that anomalies in pay fixation should be established strictly on the basis of the following principals:
- The senior and junior should be determined with reference to the date of promotion or appointment in the present scale of pay or post in the same pay scale, service group or cadre, or line of promotion in the Ministry/Division/Department/Office where their seniority is being maintained.
- Any personal benefit of the nature of increase in pay specially granted to Govt servant shall not be treated as a cause of anomaly for others.
- The anomaly should be resolved by re-fixing pay of the senior equal to that of junior, and if there is no such stage, at the stage next above in his own pay scales.
- The basis and the principals explained above shall apply in general to cover all cases of anomalies in pay fixation.
- The basis prescribed for determination of senior and junior is only in the context of removal of anomalies and not for any other purpose i.e promotion/demotion etc.
- These orders shall also apply mutates mutandis to the personnel including Cadets/recruits of the Armed Forces, Civil Armed Forces and the Civil Servants paid from Defence Estimates.