Government of the Punjab, Directorate of Public Instructions (SE) has issued Study Leave Notification on 17-10-2014. The detail of the same is as under:
It is to inform you that the purpose of study leave is to provide an opportunity to the teachers to make them professional and skill in their school subjects whereas it has been observed that a number of cases during the year have been received where mostly teachers of all categories have got admission in irrelevant subjects or admission taken in those subjects which are not related to their present job/assignments. This sort of practice is contrary to the study leave rules/policy which is as under:
- Study Leave may be granted as additional leave to Govt servants for the study of scientific, technical or similar discipline or in order to undertake special course of instructions.
- Study Leave may be granted with due regard to the exigencies of the public service.
The competent authority has taken a serious notice of the above said situation and has been pleased to direct as under:
- Departmental permission for taking admission should be given by the Competent Authority i.e DPI (EE) upto BPS-15 and from BPS-16 to BPS-18 DPI (SE) Punjab Lahore prior to admission.
- No Departmental permission for admission should be granted other than the subjects for which he was recruited or in irrelevant subjects which are not related to their present job.
- The admission in the campus constituted/established by the various universities in various cities as Distance Learning Centers may not be allowed.
- Departmental Permission in each case may invariably be sought well before the submission of admission forms to the University/College, otherwise study leave will not be granted.
- Prior to sanction any kind of leave by the competent authority the teacher will not be releaved from the station.
- The concerned authorities should rout the cases through proper channel alongwith full justification/recommendations.
- Leave cases should reach the office of the leave sanctioning authorities before commencement of leave.
- In case of any violence of these instructions, the applicant/officer forwarding the leave cases will be held personally responsible for the consequences.
Special Thanks to Mr. Irfan Tariq for sending the copy of the Notification.