Government of the Punjab, Services And General Administration Department (Regulation Wing) has issued Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)2-54/2010 dated 04-04-2016 in connection with Basic Qualification Required for the Post of Junior Clerk.
According to this Notification, in exercise of the powers conferred under section 23 of the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 (VIII of 1974), Governor of the Punjab is pleased to direct that in the rules made or deemed to have been made under the Act, the following amendments shall be made:
In all the rules made or deemed to have been made under the act:
- against the post of Superintendent, wherever occurs, for the expression “BPS-16” the expression “BPS-17” shall be substituted;
- against the post of Assistant or Head Clerk, wherever occurs, for the expression “BPS-14” the expression “BPS-16” shall be substituted;
- against the post of Senior Clerk, wherever occurs, for the expression “BPS-09” the expression “BPS-14” shall be substituted;
- against the post of Junior Clerk, wherever occurs,
- for the expression “BPS-07” the expression “BPS-11” shall be substituted;
- for the existing qualifications in the column ‘minimum qualification for appointment by initial recruitment, the following shall be substituted:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (second division) from a recognized board.
(ii) a speed of 25 words per minutes on typing on computer in English and
(iii) proficient in MS Office or any other compatible office application and he shall demonstrate such proficiency.