Last Updated on July 21, 2022 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab, Finance Department has issued an Office Memorandum on 21-07-2022 in connection with Notification Revised Pay Scales 2022 Punjab and Allowances for the employees. The main feature of this Notification is that Punjab Government has also revised the Basic Pay Scales after about 5 years.
Notification Revised Pay Scales 2022 Punjab
Punjab Government has merged the following Adhoc Relief Allowances granted during the following years:
|Sr. No||Allowance Name||Effective Date||Current Status as on 30-06-2022|
|1||Adhoc Relief Allowance (ARA) 2016 @ 10%||01-07-2016||Frozen|
|2||Adhoc Relief Allowance (ARA) 2017 @ 10%||01-07-2017||On Running Basic Pay|
|3||ARA-2018 @ 10%||01-07-2018||On Running Basic Pay|
|4||Adhoc Relief Allowance (ARA) 2019 @ 10% (BPS-01 to BPS-16) & 5% BPS-17 and above)||01-07-2019||On Running Basic Pay|
|5||Adhoc Relief Allowance (ARA) 2021 @ 10%||01-07-2021||On Running Basic Pay|
How Much Increase in Basic Pay?
By merging the above Adhoc relief allowances, there is a nearly 1.5 times increase in the Basic Pay of the employees. Their basic Pay increased but they will get no more of these allowances now as these are merged into basic pay. To check the new basic pay, I have prepared the basic pay scales chart 2022 to fix the pay point to point.
Benefits of Pay Scales Revision
With the revision of basic pay scales, the employees will get more benefits. Some of the benefits are as under:
- The main benefit of the same is that if any allowances government grants in future on basic pay, its value will be more as compared to that allowance granted in previous pay scales
- They will have more Leave Encashment (Nearly 1.5 times more)
- The employees retiring will get more commutation/gratuity (Nearly 1.5 times more)
- They will get more Transfer Grant as 1 basic pay
Adhoc Relief Allowance 2022 Punjab @ 15% of Running Basic Pay (2017 Scales)
The government of Punjab has also favored the employees with an Adhoc Relief Allowance 2022 @ 15% of running basic pay of 2017 pay scales. The employees of the Punjab province will get this allowance ARA-2022 with effect from 1st July 2022. All employees of BPS-01 to BPS-02 will get this ARA-2022.
Notification Special Allowance 2022 @ 15% of 2017 Pay Scales
Finance Department Punjab has also issued a Notification special allowance 2022 Punjab for the employees @ 15% of current basic pay of 2017 Basic Pay Scales. The employees of BPS-01 to BPS-19 who are not getting any post-specific allowance etc will get this allowance. They will also get an arrears amount on 1st August 2022 for 4 months as well as for a one-month regular allowance. The employees of the province of Punjab will get this allowance with effect from 1st March 2022 as Federal Government granted Disparity Reduction Allowance 2022 Federal @ 15%. In this way, the provincial employees will get arrears amount for March, April, May, and June 2022 too.
Announcements in Budget Speech 2022-23 Punjab Govt
In Budget Speech 2022 Punjab, the Finance Minister announced the following packages for the employees, and these all Government has now notified:
- 15% Increase in salary as Adhoc Relief Allowance
- Special Allowance @ 15% for the employees of BPS-01 to BPS-19
- Merging of Adhoc Allowances into basic pay and revision of pay scales (Later on, approved by the provincial cabinet)
- Increase in Pension @ 5% (Later on clarification issued to increase pension @ 10% wef 1st April 2022 Punjab and 5% wef 1st July 2022.
Special Thanks: Mr. Zahid Khan