Last Updated on September 29, 2022 by Galaxy World
Government of Pakistan, Finance Division (Regulation Wing) issued a Notification on 29-09-2022 in connection with the Deduction of Two Days Salaries of FG Employees for the PM Flood Relief Fund. The details are as under:
Deduction of Two Days Salaries of FG Employees for PM FRF
The undersigned is directed to state that the flood caused by monsoon rains since mid-June 2022 has caused significant human and livestock casualties as well as widespread damage to private homes and public infrastructure. Damage to infrastructure has worsened the humanitarian situation. For the collective national effort to meet the challenge of providing relief and rehabilitation to the affected population, Finance Division created a Fund “PRIME MINISTER’S FLOOD RELIEF FUND 2022”, it further proposed deduction of salary (Gross Pay & Allowance before any deductions) from government employees for approval of the Federal Cabinet.
Cabinet Approval of Deductions
The Cabinet considered the proposal and approved the deduction as under:-
- Two days salary of the Officers/Officials working in the Ministries / Divisions/ Departments/Authorities / Corporations / Companies / Financial Institutions / Commission etc working under the Federal Government.
- 2 days salary of the Officers / Officials of Civil Armed / Civilian Officers and Official paid out of Defence Estimates.
- Two days salary of the Officers/Officials holding the post on contract as well as lump sum pay package including “M” Scale and ‘MP’ and SPPS Scales and Officers/Officials locally recruited in our Foreign Missions.
- Further, Ministries/Divisions should approach State-run Organizations under them, such as Banks, Financial Institutions, Regulatory Authorities, Telecom Companies, Insurance Companies, and other similar Organizations for Contributions.
Optional/Voluntary Deduction of Pay and Allowances
- Since the earned salary of government employees is private property, therefore, the above-mentioned deduction would be optional/voluntary in nature and anyone not willing to contribute may inform within 15 days from the date of circular to AGPR, Islamabad/respective pre-audit.
All proceeds received in the name of the Fund are creditable to the public accounts of the Federal Government under the following head of the account:
G12 – Special Deposit Funds
G121 – Relief Fund ‘
G12164 – Prime Minister’s Flood Relief Fund 2022
You may also like: Deduction of 5 Days net Salary KPK