Government of the Punjab, Finance Department issued a Notification on 25-10-2022 in connection with Special Allowance @ 50% of Initial Basic Pay to Teaching and Non-teaching Employees of the Special Education Department. The employees will get this allowance @ 50% of the initial basic pay of the revised pay scales 2017. The details are as under:
Special Allowance @ 50% of Initial Basic Pay to Teaching and Non-teaching Employees
I am directed to refer to your letter No.SO(B&D)5-1/2009 Vol-II dated 21.10.2022 on the subject noted above.
In continuation of Order Nos.SO(B&D)10-2/2004 dated 21.02.2004 & 01.01.2005 read with para-9 of Finance Department’s letter No.FD.PC.2-1/2011 dated 11.07.2011 & para-6(ii) of Finance Department’s letter No.FD.PC.2-1/2017 dated 14.7.2017 (copies enclosed) and in pursuance of the approval of the Competent Authority i.e. Chief Minister, Finance Department conveys its concurrence to revise the rates of Special Allowance @50% of initial of Revised Pay SCales 2017 per month to the employees (Teaching & Non-Teaching) of Special Education Department w.e.f. 18.10.2022.
The said allowance will not be admissible to the following officers/ officials:-
- Officers/officials under suspension.
- Officers/Officials who have been OSDs or who have been directed to report to the Special Education Department on the charges of inefficiency/misconduct or indiscipline.
iii. When Officer/Offical is on leave for 90 days & above, Extraordinary leave, study leave, or training abroad.
- Those who are not working in Special Education Department.
- The referred allowance will not be counted towards pension and commutation/gratuity.
- The audit copy may get be authenticated by the Finance Department accordingly.
Before this on the same day, Finance Department Punjab also issued a Notification of Special Conveyance Allowance 2022 to Disable employees.
Congratulations to all the Teaching and Non-Teaching staff of the Special Education Department for having a special allowance. Other governments should also grant this special allowance to such employees. This action will really encourage the employees to work with more zeal and zest.