Last Updated on January 21, 2023 by Galaxy World
Government of Punjab, Finance Department issued a Notification on 19-01-2023 in connection with Enhancement Special Allowance BPS-01 to BPS-20 @ 1.25 of Initial Basic Pay @ 1 and 0.75 times of the initial basic pay to Punjab Criminal Prosecution Service. The details are as under:
Increase Special Allowance BPS-01 to BPS-20 @ 1.25 of Initial Basic Pay
Will the Section Officer (General), Government of Punjab, Public Prosecution Department, kindly refer to his letter No.SO(G)/PPD/13-505/22-332 dated 17.01.2023 on the subject cited above. The Finance Department Punjab has granted this special allowance at the following three rates:
- 0.75 of Initial Basic Pay
- 1 of Initial Basic Pay
- 1.25 of initial basic pay
Discontinuation of Special Allowance / Non-practicing Allowance
Finance Department, in pursuance of approval of Provincial Cabinet, dated 14.01.2023, conveys its concurrence regarding discontinuation of existing Special Allowance / Non-practicing Allowance, granted vide letters No.FD.PR..6-6/2006 dated 01.01.2016, 22.02.2017 & 12.01.2022, of the Punjab Prosectors (BS-17 & above) and Special Allowances-2021 & 2022 @ 25% of initial of basic pay scales, 2017 & 15% of the basic pay scale, 2017 & 15% of basic pay scale 2017 respectively to officers and officials (from BS-01 to BS-19) of Punjab Criminal Prosecution Service granted vide letters No.FD.SR.V/3-1/2021 dated 07.07.2021 & 20.07.2022 w.e.f. 01.01.2023.
Revised Rates of Special Allowance
|Sr.No.||Description||Rate of Special Allowance per month|
|a.||D.G/Addl. Prosecutors General / Deputy Prosecutors General.||1.25 of initial basic pay|
|b.||District / Deputy / Assistant District Public Prosecutors.||1.0 of initial basic pay|
|c.||Officers/ officials (Non-prosecutors) of Criminal Prosecution service.||0.75 of initial basic pay|
Terms & Conditions for the New Allowance
The Special Allowance will not be admissible to:
- Officers/ officials during extraordinary leave (EOL), study leave, long leave for more than 90 (ninety) days, or under suspension.
- The officers/ officials on Deputation / Deputation Aboard (Training Abroad).
- The officers/officials working outside the cadre or in Secretariat Department(s).
- Govt officers/officers/officials who have been made OSD for a period of more than 90 (ninety) days (continued period of OSD (awaiting postings) & leave will be reckoned up to 90 days, if applicable.
- The officers/officials who have been made OSDs on the charges of inefficiency/misconduct or indiscipline and facing disciplinary proceedings under the PEEDA Act, 2006.
- The bereaved families of deceased officers/ officials drawing salary against OSD post(s) being performance-based allowance.
- This special allowance shall not be treated as part of emoluments for purpose of calculation of pension/commutation and recovery of house rent etc.
- An audit copy may get authenticated from the Finance Department accordingly.
The employees of the Punjab Criminal Prosecution Service will get this allowance with effect from 1st January 2023.