Government of the Punjab Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department has issued Notification on 31-08-2018 in connection with Guidelines to be Followed for the Pregnant Women Attending Healthcare Facilities of P&SH Department. Summary is as under:
Reference to the subject citied above .
- The Competent Authority has desired to adopt following guidelines for the pregnant woman attending healthcare facilities of P&SH Department in order to avoid any untoward incident.
- Admit every pregnant woman seeking treatment for intermitted abdominal / lobar pains without any delay / failure and keep the patient under observation for at least 48 hours.
- All patients admitted in such condition shall be managed under close supervision to avoid any untoward incident.
- iii. Ensure presence /availability of the skilled birth attendants at the healthcare facility.
- Ensure availability of the relevant sterilized functional equipment required for Antenatal, Nata, & Postnatal procedures.
- Keep the facility clean by regular clearing.
- Ensure properly handing over essential information to the colleague who follows on duty.
- vii. Establish and display staffing lists, schedules (duty roasters).
Further details are available at the copy of the Notification.
Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the Notification of Guidelines to be Followed for the Pregnant Women Attending Healthcare Facilities of P&SH Department.