Last Updated on August 21, 2019 by Galaxy World
Prime Minister Office Islamabad has issued letter on 19-08-2019 in connection with Proposal to Increasing Retirement Age Federal Employees. Detail is as under:
According to the Notification, the Prime Minister has been pleased to constitute a committee comprising of the following on the subject matter:
- Advisor to Prime Minister on Institutional Reforms (Chair)
- The Secretary, Finance Division
- Secretary, Establishment Division
- The Secretary, Ministry of Defence
- Secretary, law & Justice Division
- Auditor General of Pakistan
- Joint Secretary, Finance Division (Secretary of the Committee)
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as under:
- To Examine the proposal of increasing the age of retirement from following aspects:
- Organizational Efficiency
- Economic – including impact, if any, on job creation prospects
- Come up with a recommendations whether the proposal is feasible or not; and if so, propose the way forward for its implementation – how, when and scope (whether to implement across the board or selectively).
The Committee is to submit its recommendations for consideration of the Prime Minister in three weeks. Special thanks to Mr. Muhammad Umar for sending the copy of the letter of Updates of Proposal to Increasing Retirement Age Federal Employees. If the committee approves the suggestions then the retirement age will be 63 years for the Federal Government employees of Pakistan. It is to mention here that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government has implemented the Retirement Age from 60 to 63 years in the province.