Government of the Punjab Services & general Administration Department (Implementation & Coordination Wing) has issued Notification on 31-10-2018 in connection with Constitution of Task Force for Uplift and Improvement of Livestock Sector. Summary is as under:
No. SO(I&C-I)1-25/2018. Chief Minister has been pleased to constitute the following task force for uplift and improvement of Livestock Sector in Punjab:
- Terms of Reference (TORs) are as under:
- Conduct situation analysis of livestock and dairy development sector by involving all stakeholders.
- To suggest policy options for overall improvement in the livestock sector in Punjab.
- To carry out a detailed review of the existing livestock Policy of the Government of the Punjab and suggest suitable amendments, if required;
- To review the existing governmental interventions, programs and projects being implemented in the Livestock Sector and submit detailed recommendations on effectiveness of such initiatives.
- Propose a strategy with concrete action plan to encourage local / foreign investment in Livestock and dairy development sector.
- Secretary, L&DD, Government of the Punjab shall act as Secretary of the Task Force. Further, the Livestock & Dairy Development Department shall also provide the secretarial and logistic support to the Task Force.
- The Task Force shall submit its first set of recommendations / report to the Government of the Punjab by December 31, 2018.
Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the Notification of Constitution of Rask Force for Uplift and Improvement of Livestock Sector.