Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab, School Education Department has issued a Notification on 15-01-2021 in connection with Instructions Regarding Re-opening of Schools in Punjab. The full details of the instructions for students and teachers are as under:
Instructions Regarding Re-opening of Schools in Punjab 2021
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to intimate the decisions taken in the meeting of Inter-Provincial Education Ministers (IPEMC) held on 04.01.2021 under the Chairmanship of Federal Minister, Minister of Education and Professional Training, and letter received from the Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training vide no. 1-1/2021-AS/FE&PT, dated 05th January 2021 regarding re-opening of Educational Institutions in the backdrop of COVID-19.
- In view of the decision referred above and notification of even No. Dated 05th January 2021 issued by this department, following directions are hereby issued for safe re-opening of educational institutions/schools in Punjab:-
Directions for Safety of Students and Teachers
- Students of all the educational institutions shall attend classes on alternative days with a 50% ratio on any single working day as detailed in the earlier letter of even no. dated 12th September 2020.
- Board examinations of SSC/HSSC shall be held in the month of May, June 2021.
The Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) communicated earlier shall continue to be followed by the Public Schools. Assessment criteria and Examinations schedule for 5th and 8th grade shall be communicated separately by the Punjab Examination Commission.
- All the concerned shall ensure strict implementations of SOPs already communicated from time to time by the Primary & Secondary Healthcare Departmental and School Education Departments, Punjab to prevent Corona Pandemic.
- School Timing shall be observed as per previous practice in the winter season.
3- I am further directed to request all the concerned to strictly observe the SOPs regarding COVID-19 in their respective jurisdictions/institutions.