Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Galaxy World
Chief Minister’s Secretariat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Peshawar has issued the record note on Decision Regarding Retirement Age of Govt Employees in KP province. The details are as under:
Retirement Age of Govt Employees in KP
The subject meeting was held under the chairmanship of Honorable Chief Minister, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in the conference room of the Chief Minister of House on 09.03.2021 at 10:30 AM. The following participated in the meeting:-
- Minister for Elementary and Secondary Education, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- The Minister for Finance, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Minister for Local Government and Rural Development Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Chief Secretary, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Additional Chief Secretary Planning and Development Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Secretary to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Secretary to G Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Elementary and Secondary Education Department.
- AIG headquarters Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Department.
- Additional Secretary Finance Department Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The meeting started with the recitation of verses from the Holy Quran. The honorable Chief Minister welcomed the participants. Thereafter a threadbare discussion took place on the retirement age of government employees. The discussion covered administrative, financial, legal, and political aspects of the retirement age. In the end, the committee took the following decision:-
|Retirement age of Government Employees||The impact of the decision of retirement age was discussed in length covering all||1. It was decided to reverting the retirement age to 60 years from 63. Finance and Establishment||One week time|
Establishment Department KPK Notification Regarding Pension
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that Peshawar High Court Peshawar in its judgment dated 19.02.2020 passed in WP No.5673-P/2019 titled “Malik Zaheer-ud-din & Others Vs Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa” declared then Khyber Pakhtunkhawa Civil Servants (Amendment) Act, 2019 as ultra vires of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973 and directed that the incumbents who got retired at their actual date of retirement in reference to 60 years would stand retired from that date. Their pensionary benefits would be calculated till the date, however, under the law of locus penitential, the salaries so received thereafter would not be recovered, as they have worked during the said period.
- I am further directed to state that immediate necessary action may be taken in the light of the above-referred judgment of the Peshawar High Court and retirement cases of officers/officials of your respective departments may be processed w.e.f. 31.07.2019 subject to final outcome of the CPLA in the Supreme Court of Pakistan. Processing and calculation of pension may be finalized in the light of dates provided for in the above-mentioned judgment.
- The matter must be treated as most urgent.