Last Updated on November 7, 2021 by Galaxy World
I am sharing here the latest pension updates regarding LESCO Representation Rejected by President. You can read the orders of Federal Mohtsib and the president’s Secretariat. The details are as under:
LESCO Representation Rejected by President Regarding Pension
- The commuted part of a family pension was restored by LESCO upon expiry of the commutation period from 28 April 2017. However, the restoration of pension was wrongly limited to the original amount of commutation. Increases on that amount for the years 2003 to 2016 were refused despite pensioner’s several applications. A formal complaint No.WMS-LHR/331/2021 was therefore lodged by the family pensioner with the Wafaqi Mohtasib on 14 Jan 2021.
- The Wafaqi Mohtasib held in his findings dated 9 March 2021 that as per government policy based on FST judgment, upheld by Supreme Court, increases on the commuted part of Pension were also admissible from the date of restoration. LESCO had indeed indulged in maladministration by denying those increases to the complainant. The Agency was directed to follow the rules according to which restoration of family pension is to be worked out by allowing increases also on the surrendered portion.
President Secretariat Reply
- Instead of complying with the FTO directions, or submitting a timely representation, LESCO submitted on 9 July 2021 a representation to the President of Pakistan against the Wafaqi Mohtasib orders. The representation, being incompetent and hit by the bar of limitation, was rejected on 29 Oct 2021 by the President. The President’s orders included the observation that it is sad to see the widow pensioners have been deprived of the allowances/adjustments admissible under government orders. This should not have happened. Pakistan should be a compassionate country.
- It is now hoped that the Agency will implement the Wafaqi Mohtasib recommendations without further loss of time.
- It is also hoped that other Electric Supply Companies and similarly placed organizations will take notice of this case and abide by the rules in similar cases.
- Copies of FTO orders and the President’s orders are attached.
Agha Amir Ahmad