Last Updated on November 7, 2021 by Galaxy World
Government of the Punjab, Provincial Assembly has issued a Notification on 29-10-2021 in connection with Punjab Civil Servants Amendment Act 2021 (Retirement Age). The same has been published in the Punjab Gazette.
Punjab Civil Servants Amendment Act 2021 (Retirement Age)
The Punjab Civil Servants (Amendment) Bill 2021, having been passed by the Provincial Assembly of Punjab on October 27, 2021, and assented to by the Governor of Punjab on October 28, 2021, is hereby published as an Act of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab.
It is necessary further to amend the Punjab Civil servants Act, 1974 (VIII of 1974) for the purpose of modifying provisions relating to the retirement of civil servants.
Be it enacted by the Provincial Assembly of Punjab as follow;
- Short title and commencement, – (1) This Act may be cited as the Punjab Civil servants (Amendment) Act, 2021.
(2) This Act shall come into force at once
- Amendment of section 12 of Act VIII of 1974- in the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974. (VIII of 1974), in section 12, in subsection (1), for clause (ii), the following shall be substituted:
(ii) where no direction is given under clause (i):
- On completion of the sixtieth year of his age; or
- Voluntary, on completion of twenty-five years of service or on attaining fifty-five years of age, which is later.”.
- Repeal- the Punjab Civil Servants (Amendment) Ordinance 2021 (XXII of 2021) is hereby repealed.
You may also like: 25 years service or 55 years age retirement