Age Limit Relaxation Rules

Age Relaxation Rules for the Initial appointment to Civil Posts has been mentioned here with detail. These rules are according to the 1993 relaxation of Upper Age Limit Rules Vide Islamabad, the 4th November, 1993. S.R.O. 1079(I)/93. These Rules will not be applicable for the appointment to the posts in BPS-17 to be filled through C.S.S. Competitive Examination.  In pursuance of rule 12 of the Civil Servants (Appointment, Promotion and Transfer) Rules, 1973, the President is pleased to make the following rules, namely:- Maximum age limit relaxation is as under

S/No. Category of candidates Age relaxation admissible
(i) (a).    Candidates belonging to      Scheduled Castes, Buddhist Community, recognized tribes of the Tribal Areas, Azad Kashmir and Northern Areas for all posts under the Federal Government of Pakistan 3 years.
 (b)    Candidates belonging to Sindh(Rural) andBaluchistanfor posts in BPS-15 and below under the Federal Government of Pakistan     3 years.
(ii) Released or Retired Officers / personnel of Pakistan Armed Forces 15 years or the number of years actually served in the Armed Forces of Pakistan, whichever is less will be applicable.
(iii) Government servants who have completed two years continuous government service on the closing date for receipt of applications. 10 years, up to the age of 55 years.
(iv) Disabled persons for appointment to posts in BPS-15 and below. 10 years
(v) Widows, son or daughter of a deceased civil servant who dies during service 5 years

Age Limit Relaxation
Age Limit Relaxations
Summary
Age Limit Relaxation Rules
Rules of Age Relaxation for the new appointments has been mentioned here with full detail. These Upper age relaxations rules are according to 1993 Notification.

Related Articles

66 Responses to “Age Limit Relaxation Rules”

1. Ali Raza says:

AoA, Dear Shumaila kamal i have worked in "Automation Project of National Savings" more than three years, National Savings comes under Ministry of Finance, all the employees were contractual so was i, what will be the age relaxation criteria for me,

Regards

2. Sajid says:

What is rule about applying for lower scale job as I am serving bps 16 want to apply for bps 15 job in MFA having 11 years experience? Can I apply through proper, can my parent department allow or grant me NOC? Please guide me.

3. Sajid says:

Dear mam; what is rule say about applying lower scale job as I am serving in bps 16 now I want to apply for bps 15 grade job? Can I apply through proper my service is 11 years in bps 16. Please guide me.

4. amjad says:

i passed all the test of Sindh Police .But due to over age sindh public sevrvice commision cancelled my Asi interview letter. i m government employee in pakistan Railway as constable in railway police.i deposit my n.o.c to service commision Thandi sarak Hydrabad.plz give me suggestion to sort out this problem.thanks

5. asad farid says:

madam kia 25+ aged person session court me junior clerk k lye apply kr skta he. age only 2 year + from 25?

6. asad farid says:

madam me ne suna he k koi b govt. employ jo over age ho punjab police me apply ni kr skta. punjab police wale lete hi ni hen.

7. asad farid says:

madem i am doing job in prison department as a warder. my age is 25 years and 4 months. can i apply for the punjab police as a constable or assistant sub inspector. while my service tenure is under 1 year.

8. muhammad nisar says:

madim m name is muhamamd nisar and working in armed forces institute of path rawalpindi since may 2003 to tilll now. ab hamari permament jobs a gi hain main apply krna chata hun mger mari age 33.8 ho gi jb k max age 33 huni chay. 12 sal main nay isi idara main kam kai h mger wo log age relaxation ni day ray. my date of birth is 15-1-1981 qualificaion is graduation
    mujay ko rasta btay main sari umer ap ky liay dwa kro ga. my email is nasarshaz@gmail.com
    cell no 0345957027

• Dear Nisar, it is a bad luck for u and I have seen that many employees worked in the institutions on adhoc basis and most of their life passed and they become overage in these institutions but at the time of regularization or at the time of regular job, they are not given any concession in the age relaxation.

9. sajid says:

madam i want know some information,
    i am 30 year and 7 month old with a master degree/experience(private industry) in relevant field of post announced in federal ,
    the age relaxation up to 28 year + 5 year general age relaxation in the ad.
    i do not come in any one category of above mentioned,

so how can i apply for that post,guide me please
    please reply as early as before the last date 25.8.14

10. Asif A Arain says:

Madam man 2009 govt servant nadra man opp: howa tha ur ap federal k hi kesi department man apply karna chahta hun meri dete of Barth may 2-1986 ha muj age relax federal man kesy mely gi zera rariqa bata din ho easy ho.

11. adnan says:

madum,main ny ap ko paly be application sent ke hain ap ny javb nahin deia
    adnan ka name say date 12-06-2014
    please check the mail
    disable person ko 10 year ke relaxation hain ky ye increase ho kar 15 year ho sakti hain please answer me

12. adnan sajjad says:

(Ya Ali Madad)
    sir, pm and cm please help me
    A.o.A I am disable person. I am graduate person. my age 35 year and 12 month hain my date of birth,01-06-1978

I want to get age relaxation notification by punjab government to attach with my application. will you please help me?
    sir,
    you promise that you help the disable person.
    sir,
    mare pas state life insurance company bahawalpur office ka call letter majud. is call letter ke bacis per ap mara appointment letter issu kara dain.
    sir,
    my left legg is polio.mare age over ho gi hain,main 36 year ka ho now main government apply nahin kar sakta main disable ke wajha se chal pher nahen sakta and mazdori wala kohi kam nahin kar sakta.
    sir,
    please state life office bahawalpur ka appointment latter issue kara dain l
    post : office assistant
    sir,
    please help me. mujhe job ke sact zarorat hain. allha app ko khush rakh (ameen)
    huda ka wasti mere madad karo. (Ya Ali Madad)

13. Suleman Baloch says:

dear madam. I am belong to Balochistan aur main 18-11-2006 ko Federal Ministry ki ek edare main Caretaker BPS-08 ke post par permanent appoint hua tha aur ab tak jaari hai, aur uswaqt mera age 38 years tha. chonkeh ab maine apna service book complete kia aur verification k liye AGPR Quetta bejah aur wahan se objection aaya huwa hy k Age Relaxation Policy waazeh karen. Sir please aap mehrbani karke ye bataden k main kiya reply dedoon. Allah aap ko salamat rekeh. Aameen.

14. imtiaz ahmed says:

manay eobi me apply kya he or nts ka form fill kya he, mera form over age ki waja se reject huwa he, meri age 37 years he jis post k lye apply kya he us ki age limit 30 thi or 3 years federl ki relaxation bhi he, kindly batain mazeed 5 years ki age relaxation kese karwao

15. faizan says:

Meri age 39 years hay me berozgar (unemployment) hon. kya muje federal Govt. me job k lye Govt. of Pakistan Se age relaxation ml sakti hay? agar ml sakti hay tu kase yani muje es k lye kya krna ho ga me ne 2002 me B.sc. kya hay.plz muje guide kare

16. rafique says:

i m 39 years old and how can i apply for federal job specially eobi through nts . a am belongs sindh r

17. fehzad khan says:

now i am 39 years age and working in a pharma.can i apply for govt federal job and can get age relaxation from govt kindly help me

18. Dr Naveed says:

Hi, I applied for a job in govt university. I was shortlisted for test and interview. My interview was excellent and in there minutes of meeting they clearly stated that I was selected for this job but on technical grounds he is rejected. And the technical ground was that I am over age. In the advertisement it was written that on the closing date of application age on applicant should be 35 years where as I am 35 years and 10 months.
    Now does anybody knows any law or case judgment that can help me ?

19. pervaiz khan says:

1. im 30 years , i have to apply in a job of SESSION COURT JUNIOR CLERK in which max age limit is 18 TO 25 years ha, so can i get age relaxation considering tenure of govt service due to my higher qualification of MBA .
    2. are i eligible for test short list candidates.?
    3. in case i shortlisted for test and clear my test than i eligible for for job or not due to my age 30 years.?
    kindly help me in kind reply.
    thanks

20. jawad says:

dear i have applied in education department under rule-17-A and pass the typing test but edo has objection on my age, he said that you are over age while my date of birth is 8-9-1986. kindly email me age relaxation notification for education department and take prayers form me.

21. Saeed ud din says:

Sir,
    i am 44 year old, my qualification B.Sc & diploma in computer , i do govt job up 8 months on contract bases. now i can applied Govt jobs or not.

22. Mustafa says:

If iam 33 years of age and working in private bank......am i eligible for recenr PCs exam......if not then what should be followed

23. ghulam ali says:

my question is that some one whose age is 44 and junior school teacher recruitment final age limit is 30, is this person is eligible for this post or not. can this person get relaxation or not.

• Dear Ghulam Ali, you can try for the same. As I have seen a case about 1 year ago in which a Federal Govt Employee of age 43 tried to Appear in PPSC through proper channel. He appeared in the exam and passed the exam. But at the time of Interview he was rejected just on the base that he was 43 and he does not had the Punjab Govt Service. I think according to this if you are working in the Punjab Govt then you can apply for the same.

24. samar says:

I am masters and 36 years old. I want to get age relaxation notification by Sindh government to attach with my application. will you please help me?

25. Bilal khan says:

I m graduate and 28 years old . Kindly post the age limit for the job of primary teacher in KPK Pakistan.

26. farukh Memon says:

im 30 years old with govt job experience of 7 years, i have to apply in a job of high court in which max age limit is 28, so can i get age relaxation considering tenure of govt service or higher qualification of MBA.

27. Abdul Rashid says:

please explain this:
    iii)Government servants who have completed two years continuous government service on the closing date for receipt of applications. 10 years, up to the age of 55 years.

What does it mean. what is the maximum age of the post applied for. If a person having age above 40 and applied for the post in BPS-14 is he applicable for the age? .. Kindly publish the chart of the maximum age validation in BPS WISE.

• Dear in various departments and for various pay scales age relaxation is different

• inamullah says:

sir me 3 maheene pehle education department me chowkidar ke post par appoint hua hoon .me son quota me appoint hua hoon .mera walid 8 saal pehle retired hua ta ;.me ne BA pass kia he . 3 maheene duty ke bad bee finance department muje tanha nahe de rahe hain. wo kehte hain ke tumahari umer 36 saal he .relaxation lana hoga .sir app mehrabani karke mera ye masla hal kar de

• Dear Inam Ullah kunkeh age ka masla hay is laiy age relaxation to zaroori hay. Mera khayal hay ap kay department nain age relaxation kay liay apply kar dia hoga.