Age Limit Relaxation Rules

Age Limit Relaxation Rules for the Initial appointment to Civil Posts has been mentioned here with detail. These rules are according to the 1993 relaxation of Upper Age Limit Rules Vide Islamabad, the 4th November, 1993. S.R.O. 1079(I)/93. These Rules will not be applicable for the appointment to the posts in BPS-17 to be filled through C.S.S. Competitive Examination.  In pursuance of rule 12 of the Civil Servants (Appointment, Promotion and Transfer) Rules, 1973, the President is pleased to make the following rules, namely:-

Maximum age limit relaxation is as under

S/No. Category of candidates Age relaxation admissible
(i) (a).    Candidates belonging to      Scheduled Castes, Buddhist Community, recognized tribes of the Tribal Areas, Azad Kashmir and Northern Areas for all posts under the Federal Government of Pakistan 3 years.
 (b)    Candidates belonging to Sindh(Rural) andBaluchistanfor posts in BPS-15 and below under the Federal Government of Pakistan     3 years.
(ii) Released or Retired Officers / personnel of Pakistan Armed Forces 15 years or the number of years actually served in the Armed Forces of Pakistan, whichever is less will be applicable.
(iii) Government servants who have completed two years continuous government service on the closing date for receipt of applications. 10 years, up to the age of 55 years.
(iv) Disabled persons for appointment to posts in BPS-15 and below. 10 years
(v) Widows, son or daughter of a deceased civil servant who dies during service 5 years

Related Articles

29 Responses to “Age Limit Relaxation Rules”

1. faizan says:

Meri age 39 years hay me berozgar (unemployment) hon. kya muje federal Govt. me job k lye Govt. of Pakistan Se age relaxation ml sakti hay? agar ml sakti hay tu kase yani muje es k lye kya krna ho ga me ne 2002 me B.sc. kya hay.plz muje guide kare

2. rafique says:

i m 39 years old and how can i apply for federal job specially eobi through nts . a am belongs sindh r

3. fehzad khan says:

now i am 39 years age and working in a pharma.can i apply for govt federal job and can get age relaxation from govt kindly help me

4. Dr Naveed says:

Hi, I applied for a job in govt university. I was shortlisted for test and interview. My interview was excellent and in there minutes of meeting they clearly stated that I was selected for this job but on technical grounds he is rejected. And the technical ground was that I am over age. In the advertisement it was written that on the closing date of application age on applicant should be 35 years where as I am 35 years and 10 months.
    Now does anybody knows any law or case judgment that can help me ?

5. pervaiz khan says:

1. im 30 years , i have to apply in a job of SESSION COURT JUNIOR CLERK in which max age limit is 18 TO 25 years ha, so can i get age relaxation considering tenure of govt service due to my higher qualification of MBA .
    2. are i eligible for test short list candidates.?
    3. in case i shortlisted for test and clear my test than i eligible for for job or not due to my age 30 years.?
    kindly help me in kind reply.
    thanks

6. jawad says:

dear i have applied in education department under rule-17-A and pass the typing test but edo has objection on my age, he said that you are over age while my date of birth is 8-9-1986. kindly email me age relaxation notification for education department and take prayers form me.

7. Saeed ud din says:

Sir,
    i am 44 year old, my qualification B.Sc & diploma in computer , i do govt job up 8 months on contract bases. now i can applied Govt jobs or not.

8. Mustafa says:

If iam 33 years of age and working in private bank......am i eligible for recenr PCs exam......if not then what should be followed

9. ghulam ali says:

my question is that some one whose age is 44 and junior school teacher recruitment final age limit is 30, is this person is eligible for this post or not. can this person get relaxation or not.

• Dear Ghulam Ali, you can try for the same. As I have seen a case about 1 year ago in which a Federal Govt Employee of age 43 tried to Appear in PPSC through proper channel. He appeared in the exam and passed the exam. But at the time of Interview he was rejected just on the base that he was 43 and he does not had the Punjab Govt Service. I think according to this if you are working in the Punjab Govt then you can apply for the same.

10. samar says:

I am masters and 36 years old. I want to get age relaxation notification by Sindh government to attach with my application. will you please help me?

11. Bilal khan says:

I m graduate and 28 years old . Kindly post the age limit for the job of primary teacher in KPK Pakistan.

12. farukh Memon says:

im 30 years old with govt job experience of 7 years, i have to apply in a job of high court in which max age limit is 28, so can i get age relaxation considering tenure of govt service or higher qualification of MBA.

13. Abdul Rashid says:

please explain this:
    iii)Government servants who have completed two years continuous government service on the closing date for receipt of applications. 10 years, up to the age of 55 years.

What does it mean. what is the maximum age of the post applied for. If a person having age above 40 and applied for the post in BPS-14 is he applicable for the age? .. Kindly publish the chart of the maximum age validation in BPS WISE.