Government of Pakistan, Cabinet Secretariat has issued Notification No. 8/10/2013-(E-II) dated 25-05-2015 in connection with Clarification Regarding Assistance Package for Families of Govt Employees Who Die While in Service. The summary of the same is as under:
- Whether the services of contract employees appointed under the said package can be regularized? lf so, under what rules?
- Whether, on expiry of their term, the contract of employees, appointed under the said package, can be extended? lf so, under what rules?
- Whether, upon holding in abeyance of the revised package issued vide this Division’s OM.No. 8/10/2013-E-2 dated 20.10.2014 what is the status of benefits to be granted to the widows/children of deceased Government Servants.
Aforesaid queries are clarified as under:
- Regularization of services of employees appointed on contract basis are governed by Civil Servants (appointment, Promotion & Transfer) Rules 1973.
- Extension in contract appointments is governed by instructions contained in this Division’s O.M No. 8/10/2000-CP-l dated 23.12.200 (copy enclosed)
- Revision made to the subject Package vide this Division’s O.M No 8/10/2013-E-2 dated 20.10.2014 has since been held in abeyance, therefore, all cases are to be dealt under this Division’s O.M No 08-10-2013-E-2 dated 13-06-2006 till further orders /instructions.