Notification of Grant of Long Term Advances (HBA /MCA)

Government of Pakistan, Finance Division has issued Notification on 13-12-2019 in connection with Grant of Long Term Advances (HBA /MCA). Detail is as under:


Grant of Long Term Advances (House Building Advance) /MCA


The undersigned is directed to enclose herewith Accountant General Pakistan Revenue’s letter No. TM/18-64/C.H.A/2019-20/1516, dated 18-09-2019 on the above noted subject and to state that Federal Government is disbursing the allocated funds of Long Term Advances only to the Federal Government employees  as per GFR-253-A to 263-A so as to ensure the recovery of principal amount along with interest thereof, if any, Whereas, as per Section 2(1)(b)(i), “a person who is on deputation to the Federation from any Province or other authority” is not a civil servant. Moreover, in term of GFR 253-A (2) (xi) (a) House Building Advance (HBA) cannot be granted to a Government servant unless he has completed at least 10 years continuous service in Federal Government. This condition is relaxed in following situations:-


Relaxation in Conditions of Length of Service


  1. The temporary Government Servants in National Pay scales No. 1 and 2 will be eligible to draw the advance irrespective of the length of their temporary service.
  2. The condition of completion of 10 years continuous service shall not be applicable in case of a government servant directly recruited through the CSS competitive examination or appointed through the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC).
  3. Hence, HBA/MCA is not admissible to employees who are on deputation secondment/posting to Federal Government from Provincial Governments, autonomous bodies and from Armed Forces etc. They are governed under this own service rules.

Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the Notification of Grant of Long Term Advances (HBA /MCA).


Grant of Long Term Advances

Share this post

7 thoughts on “Notification of Grant of Long Term Advances (HBA /MCA)

  1. House Builidng advance facility available for Punjab Government employees? if yes what is the criteria and procedure? please guide


  2. Dear Galaxy World please guide me if I served 8 year as regular employe of NHA and then join DRAP authorit y 4 year what is my status? am i eligible for HBA or not?


Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.