I have received many questions regarding who is eligible for grant of financial assistance in case of death of a civil servant. I am here giving the reference of the Government of Punjab on the subject answer. According to the Finance Department Punjab, the following will get the financial benefits in case of death of the Government employee.
Who is eligible for grant of financial assistance in case of death of a civil servant?
- Wife or wives in the case of a male civil servant
- Husband in case of a female civil servant
- Children of the civil servant
- Widow or widows and children of a deceased son of the civil servant
- Father of the civil servant
- Mother of the civil servant
- Eldest surviving brother below the age of 21 years
- The Eldest surviving unmarried sister, if the eldest sister married or dies then the next eldest
- Eldest surviving widowed sister
There is a family pension that the above-mentioned members will get. Note: Family pension and assistance package are different topics. There may be some family members who cannot get the all assistance package as a family pension.
The following will also get the family pension as per Notification of widowed daughter, divorced daughter, unmarried sister are eligible for family pension.
- Widowed daughter
- Divorced daughter
- Unmarried Sister
There is more explanation for the family pension in the case of two wives, more than one sister, etc.