Last Updated on August 4, 2023 by Galaxy World
I am sharing here the Approved Summary ARA-2023 Punjab Employees BPS-01 to BPS-22. As per the summary, the employees of Punjab will get a 35% Adhoc Relief Allowance for BPS-01 to BPS-16. The Punjab employees of BPS-17 and above will get ARA-2023 @ 30% on running basic pay. Before this Punjab Government notified only 30% Adhoc Relief Allowance on initial basic pay. Now the employees will get the ARA on running or current basic pay. The employees and pensioners will get this increase with effect from 1st August 2023. The details are as under:
Approved Summary ARA-2023 Punjab Employees @ 35% and 30% on Running Basic Pay
After a presentation of the budget 2023-2024, Punjab Government announced a 30% increase in the monthly salaries of all civil servants working in government departments. But all government employees raise the request to increase their monthly salaries to 35% of running basic pay.
The Secretary finance department briefs this agenda to the cabinet government of Punjab. After discussion and suggestions in a cabinet meeting government agree to allocate Rupees 352.00 billion as a salary budget for the period of four months July to October during the financial year 2023-2024.
- The government of Punjab allocates Rs. 158.40 billion at the provincial level.
- In addition, it also allocates Rs.193.6 billion under PFC share.
- The government allocates these amounts against the REs of Rs. 941.00 billion during LFY.
- The sum of Rs.117.40 billion allocates to the pensioners for the period of four months July to October during the financial year 2023-2024. Government allocates this amount against REs of Rs.325.630 billion during LFY.
Previous Allocation of Budget For 30% Increase in Salaries and 5%Increase in Pension
The cabinet also discusses in the previous meeting the request of government employees to increase their monthly salaries due to the pressure of inflation. After this meeting on 19th June 2023 government decides to increase 30% of the monthly salaries of government employees from BPS-01 to BPS-22. And a 5% increase in pensions on a monthly basis.
- In order to increase salaries government allocates Rs.87.99 billion for government employees’ salaries at 30%.
- There was an Increase of 5% in the pension for all pensioners up to the age of 80 years.
- The government also increases the 20% in pension for pensioners above the age of 80 years.
Approval of 35% /30% Increase in Salaries in Minutes of Meeting
The cabinet considers and approves the proposal according to para 10.3. Punjab Government approves this increase in running basic pay for all government employees.
Cabinet request to approve the grant of Adhoc Relief Allowance as under:
- BPS-01 to BPS-16 @35% of Running Basic Pay on 30-06-2023
- BPS-17 to BPS-22 and above @30% of Running Basic Pay on 30-06-2023.
- The government also approves additional financial implications of a net supplementary grant to the tune of Rs.31 billion.
Approval of an increase of 17.5% in Pension
- Government approves to increase 17.5% increase in pension.
- However 5% increase in pension of retired government employees or civil pensioners up to the age of 80 years.
- There is an increase of 20% in the pension of retired government employees/civil pensioners who are over 80 years of age on 1st July 2023.
Admissibility of a 17.5% Increase in Pension
The increase in pension at 17.5% is not admissible to the pensioners who retire on or after the first of August 2023.
Special Thanks: Mr. Muhammad Irfan