I have received a number of comments and emails in connection with the admissibility of Special Science & Technology Allowance. I have collected various references for the clarification of the same. The provincial Governments and Federal Government have issued various Notifications regarding the same allowance. All these notifications have about the same detail of this allowance. Some references are given below:
Admissibility of Special Science & Technology Allowance
According to the Government of the Punjab, Finance Department Notification No.FD.SR.I-9-3/86 dated 09-08-2002 Special Science & Technology Allowance is admissible to the Ph.D Degree holders who are working in R&D Organization, Universities and Science & Technology Institutions/Centers in the subjects mentioned below:
- Animal Science/Veterinary Sciences
- Computer Science/Engineering/Information Technology/Telecommunication
- Food Science & Technology
- Materials Science/Metallurgy
- Medical Science
- Ocean Science
- Space Science
The Conditions for the Eligibility of Special Science & Technology Allowance as mentioned vide above referred letter are as given below:
- The Scientists who have Ph.D degree in the relevant field and have at lest five years postdoctoral research experience in the relevant field.
- The research should be supported with the tangible proof to be determined by the Pakistan Council for S&T.
- The Scientists who are working on administrative posts and are not actively engaged in research shall not be entitled to receive this science & technology allowance
According to Government of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Department Notification No. FD(SOSR-II) 8-14/2003/Vol-II dated 23-10-2004 the subjects of social sciences were also included in the list of the subjects eligible for the special science & technology allowance.
According to Finance Division O.M No. F.1(9)/Imp/2000 dated 12-09-2007, the benefit of Special Science & Technology Allowance is admissible to the following:
- Ph.D Degree Holders in specified 18 disciplines of Natural Sciences and are working in R&D Organizations, Universities/Colleges and Science & Technology Institutions/centers.
- The employees holding Ph.D degree in social sciences who are faculty members of the universities and college teachers.
Latest Rates of Ph.D & Special Science & Technology Allowance
Latest Rates of Ph.D & Special Science & Technology Allowance for the Federal Govt Employees are as under: