The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department has issued a Notification on 25-11-2020 in connection with Closing of Colleges and Universities by Directorate of Higher Education KPK. The details are as under:
Closing of Colleges and Universities by Higher Education KPK
Pursuant to decisions taken in the Inter-Provincial Education Ministers Conference (IPEMC) held on 23rd November 2010. And Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training. Islamabad Notification No.1-1/2020-AEA/SO (Organization) dated 25-11-2020, the following instructions are notified for strict compliance:
- Educational institutions (Universities/Colleges) both Public & Private will be closed for the students from 26th November 2020 to 24th December 2020
- They will observe Winter vacations from 25th December 2020 to 10th January 2021. The educational institutions will apply simultaneously this schedule to both summer and winter zone educational instructions.
- The institution’s management shall ensure strict adherence to the already issued COVID-19 SOPs. This is for the staff, students, and all those who work or are present in any capacity within the premises of educational institutions.
- They will hold all ongoing and internal examinations in December and postponed till further orders.
- The aforementioned instructions will continue to assess in the context of the prevailing COVID-19 Situation. This is on the condition to review in consultation with the National Command and Control Centre.
By: Hamid Hussain