Government of the Punjab, Services and General Administration Department has issued a Notification on 16-02-2021 in connection with Directory Retirement Punjab Government Employees. The details are as under:
Directory Retirement Punjab Government Employees 2021
No. SOR.II(S&GAD)4-11/2020. In exercise of the powers conferred under section 23 of the Punjab Civil services Ad,1974 (VIII of 1974), the Governor of Punjab is pleased to make the following rules.
- Short title and commencement, —(1) These rules shall be called the Punjab Civil Servants (Directory) Retirement from Service) Rules, 2021.
(2) These rules shall come into force at once
- —(1) in the rules
- “Act” Means the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 (VIII of 1974):
- “Competent authority” means the appointing in terms of rule 6 of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1974.
- “Conduct unbecoming” means the conduct, on the part of a civil servant. Contrary to the public interest or harms his standing or the standing of the civil service in the eyes of the public or is contrary to any law or rules or procedures or instructions and includes inefficiency on his part necessitating his directory retirement under the rules.
- “Directory retirements” means retirement under clause (i) of subsection (1) of section 12 of the Act.
- “Retirement Board” means a Board considered under the rules for review of cases for the purpose of directory retirement in respect of a civil servant in BPS-19 and below.
(2) A word used but not defined in the rules shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in the Act and the Rules made thereunder. To be continued……………….
Special thanks to Mr. Muhammad Saleem for sending the copy of the Notification of Punjab Civil Servants (Directory) Retirement from Service) Rules, 2021.
You may also like: DRA @ 25% and Federal Cabinet Meeting