Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Galaxy World
I am publishing here the Important News 2021 for Family Pensioners by sharing the important observation by Wafaqi Mohtasib that Family pensioners are not public servants. The details are as under:
Important News 2021 for Family Pensioners
- Family pensioners are not public servants!
- An important observation by Wafaqi Mohtasib
- Article 9 Clause (2) of the President’s Order No.1 of 1983provides that the Wafaqi Mohtasib shall not accept for investigation any complaint by or on behalf of a public servant or functionary concerning any matters relating to the Agency in which that public servant is, or has been, working in respect of personal grievances relating to service there.
- Complaints regarding pension matters from the retired public servants were not being accepted for investigation for the past some time by the Wafaqi Mohtasib in view of the above provision.
- The Wafaqi Mohtasib has since ordered on 9 March 2021 in Complaint No.WMS-LHR/331/2021 that Clause (2) of Article (9) quoted in para 1 above would not strictly apply in the case where the complainant is the widow of the deceased employee because she never served that organization.
- This is a piece of very important news!!!!. Such family pensioners may now lodge complaints with the Wafaqi Mohtasib where the Agency officials have indulged in maladministration like delay in allowing family pension, contravention of pension rules and orders, and short calculation of family pension due to non-allowing of the full benefit of pension restoration.
Agha Amir Ahmad